POLL: Scott Frost's remaining Time at NU

How much Time Does Frost Have Left?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@MavricI would also say that the first game of the year is null. This is measured against a collection of four seasons where the issues that plagued those years revealed its ugly head. Nebraska finds ways to lose, and the team folds quickly. That is the identity of the program and it happened against NW, and to those players detriment, it started with the head man. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Vince R. said:

@MavricI would also say that the first game of the year is null. This is measured against a collection of four seasons where the issues that plagued those years revealed its ugly head. Nebraska finds ways to lose, and the team folds quickly. That is the identity of the program and it happened against NW, and to those players detriment, it started with the head man. 

I'm pretty sure you have zero realistic evidence of the team "folding quickly".  We have literally been in every game right down to the wire.  Most of the time we've had the ball in the last few minutes with a chance to win the game.  That is exactly the opposite of "folding quickly."

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm pretty sure you have zero realistic evidence of the team "folding quickly".  We have literally been in every game right down to the wire.  Most of the time we've had the ball in the last few minutes with a chance to win the game.  That is exactly the opposite of "folding quickly."

zero evidence? Iowa 21 is a great example. Folding doesn't necessarily mean getting blown out, but you can see when that sideline is in their feels, and it's happening all over again.

You know what the issue is with the close part? They've been close because they actually have good players, who at any moment can go make a play. The issue? They are not developed or well instructed on how to operate when those things aren't happening. That's the lack of consistency that hurts this program. Some positions get developed, others don't. Some positions stockpile talent, other's don't. Pure hodge-podge. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

You know what the issue is with the close part? They've been close because they actually have good players, who at any moment can go make a play. The issue? They are not developed or well instructed on how to operate when those things aren't happening. That's the lack of consistency that hurts this program. Some positions get developed, others don't. Some positions stockpile talent, other's don't. Pure hodge-podge. 

This is exactly right.  Take Iowa and Wisconsin.  The two most consistent teams in the west.   Other than maybe a bad QB ( like Petra’s), there’s virtually zero drop off at any position year after year.   It’s reload every damn season.  We simply don’t do that.  We relied on a handful of undrafted NFL free agents to keep us close in every game last year.   Now they’re gone and it shows.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

No, the team is not bad. What is true is in "every" official decision by the conference (like the garcia no fumble) the call goes against them. Where was BC, Sipple or any other writer out there commenting about that non-reversal. The announcers were shocked.. There will be at least 6 more examples of the conference officiating bias. Maybe our OLine appears bad because they know they can't play the same techniques that everyone else does because the flags will be thrown. (Remember the 20 something holding calls against us in the Northwestern game 3 years ago?) How about the absolute blatant blown calls like last years Wisky games no call PI on the 2 yard line? Not a single word was spoken about this by the BC's and Sipples... Because they are cowards. I can guarantee in the next conference game (Indiana) there will be a significant emphasis by the officials to hold us down. (Reversed call, Non-Reversed Call, mythical holding call, unsportsmanlike, etc.. that will have a direct outcome to the game). I know this because in EVERY game Frost has coached thats been close it's happened. Every Game, Every Time and our media says nothing!!!

Shouldn't you be headed out to the flat Earth convention soon?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

@Vince R. Since you mentioned that Scott is not the type of coach Trev would want, what do you think he is looking for? I really don't want to have to watch Iowa type performances where we grind out games where there are 30 punts. 

Someone who is organized, professional, and proven. Trev wants innovative thinkers with a mindfulness on how to conduct themselves and each phase of their football team. He wants a set structure where things can be clearly addressed if it goes wrong before it gets to game one. Essentially a proven road map that Trev can follow along with.

I think he will prioritize great teaching over great recruiting. I think he understands that Nebraska will be fine talent wise no matter who the coach is. Fine in terms of being competitive. 

Trev is a very passionate guy, and I think over the years he figured out that there is nothing wrong with passion, so long as you don't let it bite you at inopportune times. He seems to have channeled it into his work, and he has had to make tough decisions before. I think that's the kind of profile of person he will go for. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... I'm far from convinced that Sipple really knows as much as he thinks he does.

It's possible that 8 wins is the number.  But it would kind of seem odd to me that Frost was brought back and given another chance, could double (or more) his win total from the previous year, make a bowl game for the first time in a long time and then get told "that's not enough progress."  

Not that I think 6-7 wins is much of an accomplishment, especially in year five.  But that would be significant progress over the past six years.  Which would seem to count for quite a bit.

i just dont understand how fans can think that a record of 6-6 in year five is impressive. in year 5 that would not fly with any coach not name frost.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

No, the team is not bad. What is true is in "every" official decision by the conference (like the garcia no fumble) the call goes against them. Where was BC, Sipple or any other writer out there commenting about that non-reversal. The announcers were shocked.. There will be at least 6 more examples of the conference officiating bias. Maybe our OLine appears bad because they know they can't play the same techniques that everyone else does because the flags will be thrown. (Remember the 20 something holding calls against us in the Northwestern game 3 years ago?) How about the absolute blatant blown calls like last years Wisky games no call PI on the 2 yard line? Not a single word was spoken about this by the BC's and Sipples... Because they are cowards. I can guarantee in the next conference game (Indiana) there will be a significant emphasis by the officials to hold us down. (Reversed call, Non-Reversed Call, mythical holding call, unsportsmanlike, etc.. that will have a direct outcome to the game). I know this because in EVERY game Frost has coached thats been close it's happened. Every Game, Every Time and our media says nothing!!!

rod-serling-in-the-twilight-zone.gif

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

i just dont understand how fans can think that a record of 6-6 in year five is impressive. in year 5 that would not fly with any coach not name frost.  

I would challenge you to find a SINGLE post where a fan wrote 6-6 in year 5 would be impressive.

One.

Single.

Post.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Anyone who thinks the B1G administrators (all of the B1G personnel including "The B1G Show and Final Drive" persons) while also not excluding the coaches (outside of maybe Ryan Day and staff) respects Nebraska, well... you're fooling yourself.

They "all of them" want this university gone. The B1G hates everything about this university and this state. You want to know why the B1G won't reach out to the OU's and UNC's? Because like Nebraska they won't fit into the big blue politics of the B1G.

The Lincoln and Omaha journalists are so far up the left's buttholes they too won't say anything and therefore are also projecting. (Is there any real journalism left in this world?)

The B1G is corrupt from top to bottom. It was the biggest mistake ever made to join.. Also lets face the truth, Nebraska is the team that led the way forward into super conferences. (Our move resulted in 4 teams leaving the big 12, A&M, Missouri, Colorado along with us) We speak about other university programs egos and say nothing about our own ego. Nebraska jumps and the dawn of new alliances begin. Now both the B1G and UNL find the fit not nearly as fitting as the green pastures once appeared. 

My 2 cents, ranting to hear my own head speak.. Wish we had real journalist instead of opinionists.. if we did maybe they'd help curtail some of the abuse we continue to receive from the decision makers upstairs.. How many more disgusting examples of us against the world will we see this year and yet hear zero speak of it in our news papers and sports columns. Why? Because the BC's of the world cater to lies for greed and hide truth because it may result in discipline. Do your job as journalists and report truths you cowards!!!

The big blue politics of the B1G?

I'll take your 2 cents, but I'm gonna have to give you back change. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, TheSker said:

I would challenge you to find a SINGLE post where a fan wrote 6-6 in year 5 would be impressive.

One.

Single.

Post.

Looking around the forums elsewhere I do see one post:

6 and 6 would be great.  Hey, I know these things.  Another scotch, please.. and NO ICE.

~ WoodRiverHeroJustAskMe

• Haha 2