POLL: Scott Frost's remaining Time at NU

How much Time Does Frost Have Left?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

No, the team is not bad. What is true is in "every" official decision by the conference (like the garcia no fumble) the call goes against them. Where was BC, Sipple or any other writer out there commenting about that non-reversal. The announcers were shocked.. There will be at least 6 more examples of the conference officiating bias. Maybe our OLine appears bad because they know they can't play the same techniques that everyone else does because the flags will be thrown. (Remember the 20 something holding calls against us in the Northwestern game 3 years ago?) How about the absolute blatant blown calls like last years Wisky games no call PI on the 2 yard line? Not a single word was spoken about this by the BC's and Sipples... Because they are cowards. I can guarantee in the next conference game (Indiana) there will be a significant emphasis by the officials to hold us down. (Reversed call, Non-Reversed Call, mythical holding call, unsportsmanlike, etc.. that will have a direct outcome to the game). I know this because in EVERY game Frost has coached thats been close it's happened. Every Game, Every Time and our media says nothing!!!

It's Nebraska snowflakes with this whiny victimized attitude that actually ruin it for us patriotic fans who understand how both football and journalism work. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

I said this last year.  I do not thing Frost's tenure is dependent on a certain number of wins.  No idea what the catalyst is or will be.  If it was a number of W-L, he'd have been let go after 2021 IMHO.  But year 5 I do not see a much different team than I did in year 1.  Position group improvements, better "individual" pieces, but still a team that finds ways to defy mathematical odds and lose.  I'm so perplexed as to what the issue is.  Talent?  Coaching?  Development?  No idea at all......And that's what is so frustrating.  No definitive point that fixing would change the trajectory of the team.  

34 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I would challenge you to find a SINGLE post where a fan wrote 6-6 in year 5 would be impressive.

One.

Single.

Post.

Yeah, it's never been about whether 6-6 would be impressive. At this point 6-6 would fit the definition of progress, but would/should it be enough to earn Season Six?  You're probably the most loyal Frost poster we have — genuinely want your opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, it's never been about whether 6-6 would be impressive. At this point 6-6 would fit the definition of progress, but would/should it be enough to earn Season Six?  You're probably the most loyal Frost poster we have — genuinely want your opinion. 

6 wins will keep him.

Progress isn't linear though.  Had Frost stayed at UCF, what does progess look like after an undefeated season in a second year as a head coach?

There are posters anxiously awaiting October.  They might be surprised Frost is still around.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The contract restructuring and demands that came with it were pretty clear. Not hard to imagine what Trev was thinking: a legitimate shot at redemption but with a short leash.  

Trev is very much hoping it works out and at the same time was mature and professional enough to say the evidence doesn't support it.

Let's just play the games and see what happens.

Others can talk about the dozens of names that aren't coming to Nebraska.  I'm more interested seeing what this staff can do.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

No, the team is not bad. What is true is in "every" official decision by the conference (like the garcia no fumble) the call goes against them. Where was BC, Sipple or any other writer out there commenting about that non-reversal. The announcers were shocked.. There will be at least 6 more examples of the conference officiating bias. Maybe our OLine appears bad because they know they can't play the same techniques that everyone else does because the flags will be thrown. (Remember the 20 something holding calls against us in the Northwestern game 3 years ago?) How about the absolute blatant blown calls like last years Wisky games no call PI on the 2 yard line? Not a single word was spoken about this by the BC's and Sipples... Because they are cowards. I can guarantee in the next conference game (Indiana) there will be a significant emphasis by the officials to hold us down. (Reversed call, Non-Reversed Call, mythical holding call, unsportsmanlike, etc.. that will have a direct outcome to the game). I know this because in EVERY game Frost has coached thats been close it's happened. Every Game, Every Time and our media says nothing!!!

You legitimately believe the Big 10 conference has a vendetta against Nebraska?

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'd sure like to know where these 6 wins are coming from, because I sure don't see it.

If the D can improve tackling and the newcomers on the D line add quality depth in a hurry, I could see Georgia Southern, Indiana, Illinois, Rutgers and Iowa.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Loebarth said:

giphy.webp

• Haha 1

There have been two stretches where the B1G hasn’t called a single holding against a Nebraska opponent for multiple years. 

“By definition” of targeting has failed to eject multiple opponents. 

PI against JoJo against UM.

Jurgens downfield blocking against OU, same official didn’t call same effort earlier in the game against OU. 

The Covid schedule followed by Wisconsin backing out. 

Delaney saying they didn’t want to expand and took Nebraska in. 

Moos dissenting from required unanimous voting system, followed by the university issuing unnecessary statement declaring allegiance to B1G after conference announced any team who plays outside of B1G will be kicked out. 

I mean, none of these reasons are why Nebraska sucks and Frost needs to go, but turning a blind eye to these aspects and how it affects the program is flat out ignorant. 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

There have been two stretches where the B1G hasn’t called a single holding against a Nebraska opponent for multiple years. 

“By definition” of targeting has failed to eject multiple opponents. 

PI against JoJo against UM.

Jurgens downfield blocking against OU, same official didn’t call same effort earlier in the game against OU. 

The Covid schedule followed by Wisconsin backing out. 

Delaney saying they didn’t want to expand and took Nebraska in. 

Moos dissenting from required unanimous voting system, followed by the university issuing unnecessary statement declaring allegiance to B1G after conference announced any team who plays outside of B1G will be kicked out. 

I mean, none of these reasons are why Nebraska sucks and Frost needs to go, but turning a blind eye to these aspects and how it affects the program is flat out ignorant. 

We've had just as many good calls go our way. Stop making excuses. We're not a threat to anyone and there's no need for anyone to be out to get us. We suck.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1