State of the Husker Fanbase

38 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Be careful what you wish for. I'm old enough to remember what happened that last time Husker fans wanted to do that.

You remember the last time Husker fans wanted to get rid of a coach who had 15 wins in 5 years? When was that?

38 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

I'm more happy that we got a Nebraska guy at coach and AD. Something we had been lacking since Osborne IMHO. Wins will come with that foundation. I guess I have more patience than you all. 

You just admitted to being more happy that a Nebraska guy is the coach than you would be being a decent football team. Weird priorities but if that's honest to you then kudos I guess. Can you give me an example of any other time for any other program ever that wins eventually came after 5 years of averaging 3 wins per year? 

37 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Again, I just think it's funny that Osborne gets a 20 year pass with a fluff schedule. But Frost gets belittled and crucified after 5. I get it, you all want Barabbas. 

Osborne won 9+ games a year. Osborne beat bad teams, and he also beat good teams too ('72 Notre Dame ranked 12th, '73 UCLA ranked 9th, '74 Florida ranked 12th, etc. etc. etc.). Osborne won championships. Osborne went to bowl games. 

23 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Not at all. They weren't Native Sons, nor did they try to understand the fans. Scott was raised in it. He knows it.  

I was raised in it too. Doesn't mean I'd be a good head coach. You were obviously raised in it too. Does that make you qualified to be the coach?

I'll ask again. Can you name me any coach in the last 80 years of football who had 15 wins in their first five years and was a really good coach?

• Thanks 6

Just now, Alamo City Husker said:

Whole different league now. Comparing apples to oranges. You know this. 

No it's not. Frost record is absolutely horrible any way you try to spin it. It's pathetic! And I'm probably one of the biggest homers/supporters the last few years.

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

You remember the last time Husker fans wanted to get rid of a coach who had 15 wins in 5 years? When was that?

You just admitted to being more happy that a Nebraska guy is the coach than you would be being a decent football team. Weird priorities but if that's honest to you then kudos I guess. Can you give me an example of any other time for any other program ever that wins eventually came after 5 years of averaging 3 wins per year? 

Osborne won 9+ games a year. Osborne beat bad teams, and he also beat good teams too ('72 Notre Dame ranked 12th, '73 UCLA ranked 9th, '74 Florida ranked 12th, etc. etc. etc.). Osborne won championships. Osborne went to bowl games. 

I was raised in it too. Doesn't mean I'd be a good head coach. You were obviously raised in it too. Does that make you qualified to be the coach?

I'll ask again. Can you name me any coach in the last 80 years of football who had 15 wins in their first five years and was a really good coach?

Comparing the league back then, the conferences, and rules; let alone the fanbases, social media, NIL so many other tangibles that cannot be extrapolated for a fare comparison. BTW you know exactly that is not what I am talking about. I'm talking with the firing hysteria, and this incessant privileged winning attitude. I'm old enough to remember when the fanbase didn't complain after one loss in a season online anonymously. 

4 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Comparing the league back then, the conferences, and rules; let alone the fanbases, social media, NIL so many other tangibles that cannot be extrapolated for a fare comparison. BTW you know exactly that is not what I am talking about. I'm talking with the firing hysteria, and this incessant privileged winning attitude. I'm old enough to remember when the fanbase didn't complain after one loss in a season online anonymously. 

It's one loss that is showing too many of the same fundamentally broken trends of self-sabotage by our head coach that we have seen for four years before that one loss.

Incessant privileged winning attitude? What the f#&% are you talking about? Frost averages 3 wins per year. It's not privileged whining to expect more than three wins a year. THREE.

Still waiting for you to give me an example of a really good coach who had 15 wins in 5 seasons.

1 hour ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Would ANY coach in ANY era be kept after the resume Frost has built at Nebraska?

And can we stop with the "being born in Nebraska" somehow makes you more entitled to consideration...there is not some magical Nebraska dust that makes a person more "hardworking" than any other person raised in rural areas across this country

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

The more i think about it, the more i see there are more and more decisions that were his fault that lead to the problems we have been having.  Alot of that does seem to be arrogance he has, thinking he can somehow outsmart coaches who have been in the game alot longer than he has.  He is still very young and needs to learn, either we ride this with him or boot him out at the end of the season and start over.

is he?

Does 7-5 and a Bowl game regardless of the Bowl outcome bring him back and forgiven for the previous 5 years?  Of the 7 I see North Dakota, GA Southern, Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota as the most likely getting him to 22-35 after 6 seasons thanks to what I would call a dream BIG schedule this year with only 3 preseason ranked teams, 2 of those games are at home.