State of the Husker Fanbase

2 hours ago, big_red_husker_01 said:

you guys Chill.. We lost by only 3. Not like we got blown out.. QB play was real good in 1st half

There are two halves to every game, and two sides of the ball.

The ten point underdog did better on all counts. 

I'd be a little more chill if this wasn't the defining quality of Scott Frost teams.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, big_red_husker_01 said:

you guys Chill.. We lost by only 3. Not like we got blown out.. QB play was real good in 1st half

We have been chilling for 4+ years.  Most of the fan base, including myself and other members here, have been patient to a fault. 

When you are a two touchdown favorite, any loss is viewed similar to a blowout.  QB play was good in the first half... and we were down at half time 17-14.  

Excuses are gone - win or go home time.  

• Plus1 2
On 8/31/2022 at 11:13 AM, big_red_husker_01 said:

That’s what you tell the team right…

Can’t establish a reliable rushing game. Unable to effectively limit the running or passing of the opponent. Some pretty awful tackling at times. Can’t seem to generate returns. Months to prepare for the occasion.  It’s all good. 

Don’t get us wrong. We’re pulling for our team. It’s just that there are legitimate concerns and things haven’t been good for a very long time. We aren’t sit’n chilly my friend.

• Plus1 2

Responses over the week with a few that I’ve interacted with…

A couple were what I would describe as dejected. Another similarly was indifferent, “did they play a game”?

Pretty much everyone disagreed with the onside kick attempt. Some quite dismayed.

A few staunch Scott Frost supporters were questioning their support. This seemed to improve somewhat days following. From I’ve been a Frost supporter to being perplexed to somewhat hopeful again.

More I like Frost, but it might be time to move on. More momentum for going a different direction.

Others remained adamant that a change was overdue. Terminate him already! While others had reservations yet had a “wait and see” perspective. Frost might get fired, hopefully not. Not overly confident though.

Most were disappointed in the performance of the defense, surprised and were generally less optimistic with that aspect of the team moving forward.

A few other comments included the amount of compensation coaches receive.

Quite a bit of speculation on possible replacements. 

8 hours ago, 308_Husker said:

Unless our offensive and defensive lines get a miraculous injection of divine power, we are going 3-9, 5-7 at best again this year. 

Scott Frost has led me to believe nothing else. We might win these next two weeks. And then very well lose the next 9. That really wouldn't surprise me.

I am right there with you.  I am honestly not sure about Georgia Southern as a sure win tbh.  And it's not like we are good enough to treat these next two games as "live" practices either.  Sad thing is all the excuses I run through my head ie new staff, players, scheme etc do not seem to impact teams to where the players simply forget how to play and coaches forget to coach.  Unsure how we get them out of the "waiting for the mistakes" mode.  

I'm also concerned about an apparent (per articles) disconnect with Frost and the O.  Hope it's just little sound bites and not a real story.  Hope they had a week of "blood bath" practices...

• Plus1 1
On 8/31/2022 at 2:18 PM, Hilltop said:

We have been chilling for 4+ years.  Most of the fan base, including myself and other members here, have been patient to a fault. 

When you are a two touchdown favorite, any loss is viewed similar to a blowout.  QB play was good in the first half... and we were down at half time 17-14.  

Excuses are gone - win or go home time.  

people are tired of Frost. close games don't mean s#!t.  win or go home

• Plus1 1