Divisiveness

As long as there remain verifiable facts, cause, effect and consequences, the imbalance between the words and actions of Republicans and the words and actions of Democrats at the moment is large and extremely concerning. A huge chunk of the GOP narrative is literally insane.

It has not always been that way. And it doesn't begin or end with Donald Trump.

The biggest problem with the center/left (there is nothing close to the Far Left in power) is that they've let the Right push them into a corner. And for that matter, the Right has been bludgeoned farther right by the Far Right. Some policies being pushed by Democrats are silly, over-reaching or hypocritical. They generally aren't evil.

If "two sides to every story" includes a side that believes the 2020 election was stolen from them, those aren't equal sides. Hunter Biden's laptop is definitely a story, but it's not like it evens things out. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Trump is a d******d, the Clintons were having people offed, Obama was taking credit for s#!t he didn't do, Baby Bush was shady as f#&%, so yeah, they're all not to be trusted.

I always get a kick out of everyone bashing on trump, which he deserves, but they just let the Clinton's walk because his old lady's whole political career was her trying to get payback for a rub and a tug in the oval office...

She's just as evil as trump, maybe even more so because you don't know what she's doing, and if you do, you'll get smoked...

So yeah, none of these f*ckers are to be trusted, and our past two presidential elections, our choices for POTUS have been dogsh*t on a platter.

Why on earth would anybody want that job, you saw what it did to Obama in 8 years.

No one here is a fan of the Clintons. I'm not sure where you're getting that. Hillary is not "just as evil" as the guy who advocated locking her up, led an insurrection to overthrow a legitimate American election, and then left office stealing dozens of highly classified documents. 

These bizarre tropes about the Clintons killing people are the worst right-wing trash. That you offer that as evidence of "both sides" in a thread where YOU complained about "divisiveness" is the height of irony. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As long as there remain verifiable facts, cause, effect and consequences, the imbalance between the words and actions of Republicans and the words and actions of Democrats at the moment is large and extremely concerning. A huge chunk of the GOP narrative is literally insane.

It has not always been that way. And it doesn't begin or end with Donald Trump.

The biggest problem with the center/left (there is nothing close to the Far Left in power) is that they've let the Right push them into a corner. And for that matter, the Right has been bludgeoned farther right by the Far Right. Some policies being pushed by Democrats are silly, over-reaching or hypocritical. They generally aren't evil.

If "two sides to every story" includes a side that believes the 2020 election was stolen from them, those aren't equal sides. Hunter Biden's laptop is definitely a story, but it's not like it evens things out. 

I probably shouldn't have split this between Republicans and Democrats. Bigger issue is whoever/whatever fuels the left/right flaming on social media and cable networks. 

11 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Trump is a d******d, the Clintons were having people offed, Obama was taking credit for s#!t he didn't do, Baby Bush was shady as f#&%, so yeah, they're all not to be trusted.

I always get a kick out of everyone bashing on trump, which he deserves, but they just let the Clinton's walk because his old lady's whole political career was her trying to get payback for a rub and a tug in the oval office...

She's just as evil as trump, maybe even more so because you don't know what she's doing, and if you do, you'll get smoked...

So yeah, none of these f*ckers are to be trusted, and our past two presidential elections, our choices for POTUS have been dogsh*t on a platter.

Why on earth would anybody want that job, you saw what it did to Obama in 8 years.

Ok....well....

First off.  Nobody here is talking about the Clintons, because neither of them are in office, thinking about running again, or trying to get reelected.  Meanwhile, Trump is very politically active still, holding rallies around the country, and actively motivating his followers to do things against our country.

There's a big difference here.  And....I don't think there is anyone here that is big fans of the Clintons anyway.

• Plus1 7

I don't think it was the Democrats who let Hillary Clinton walk. She answered questions for 11 hours on Benghazi and was acquitted by the Republicans. She had the FBI intervene with the public announcement it was investigating her emails, which essentially lost her the election to Trump. If there remained a legal case against her, Trump didn't pursue it. The DNC didn't let Hillary anywhere near the 2020 campaign. Even her defenders know she's toxic. 

I never cared for her myself, but take the absolute worst things she ever did and Trump tops them tenfold. Long list of Trump family and appointees caught using private email servers alone. 

Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Prince Andrew sharing a cell for their Jeffrey Epstein shenanigans? I'd be fine with that. 

• Plus1 5
7 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Exactly. 

In my post I mentioned that as a matter of policy, there really are both sides. I get it. 

But, regarding my post, was there something incorrect @RedSavage or a point you disagreed with? Or are my factual statements leading to an uncomfortable echo chamber where other people also point out obvious crimes, anti-democratic rhetoric, etc. just something you find annoying in politics in general?

Well there is Chick Schumer calling for violence on SCOTUS, Mad Maxine calling for violence every other month, Biden calling half the country fascists, Clinton calling half the county Deplorable but who’s keeping track.:dunno 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
22 hours ago, walksalone said:

Has really gotten out of hand.

Just reading in the P&R thread is just a snapshot of the big picture.

Looking at the Right and the Left's point of view can be terrifying.  The media just telling you who to be afraid of, who to hate, and not reporting on what's going on with an unbiased eye.  I didn't really pay much attention to it all until the early 2000's, and since then it's gotten charlie manson crazy what people are saying. 

And it's both sides that are culpable in this sh*t show.  Even some of the independents are off their proverbial rocker.

It took a bunch of a$$h@!es flying planes into buildings (queue the tinfoil hat crowd), to get this country to come together for a few.  Is it going to take another horrible act to get people to put aside their differences and find some common ground?

For the record, I'm not a conservative, or a liberal, and keeping my thoughts on them to myself...

Yes both sides are divisive but neither see that they are or they think it's justified. Trump in not the only litmus test for divisiveness. Who is being the most divisive at the time seems to depend on who is in power or maybe feels threatened by that power. You can take some consolation in that fact that neither side actually has a majority. They are both just really loud. The bummer part is that the media has chosen sides and amplifies it instead of being impartial. That probably doesn't help your perception.

Equating the Clintons to Trump and claiming they offed people just shows you the Republicans' bulls#!t works remarkably well. They are great at what they do. Much better at it than the Democrats. Unfortunately it sucks for the country.

And I have disliked Clinton since I first saw him speak and realized he's smarmy as s#!t and can't be trusted.

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

No one here is a fan of the Clintons. I'm not sure where you're getting that. Hillary is not "just as evil" as the guy who advocated locking her up, led an insurrection to overthrow a legitimate American election, and then left office stealing dozens of highly classified documents. 

These bizarre tropes about the Clintons killing people are the worst right-wing trash. That you offer that as evidence of "both sides" in a thread where YOU complained about "divisiveness" is the height of irony. 

Top 30 Thats Just Your Opinion Man GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, nic said:

Yes both sides are divisive but neither see that they are or they think it's justified. Trump in not the only litmus test for divisiveness. Who is being the most divisive at the time seems to depend on who is in power or maybe feels threatened by that power. You can take some consolation in that fact that neither side actually has a majority. They are both just really loud. The bummer part is that the media has chosen sides and amplifies it instead of being impartial. That probably doesn't help your perception.

It's the media's job to investigate all sides of the story (there are usually more than two) and if one side of the story does not stand up to investigation (widespread voter fraud, a corrupted election, a justified insurrection) then it's the media's obligation to report that fact. 

If your perception is that the GOP isn't running on The Big Lie and working at the state level to control the election process, your perception is wrong. You have to seek out some pretty f#&%ed up media to get that side of the story.

Again. One side of this story is literally insane. The fact that Herschal Walker is running roughly 50/50 with Ralph Warnock isn't proof that Walker is just as right. 

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Sure!

You're welcome to present facts in contrast to "my opinion."

Show us the facts of literally anything you're claiming in this thread. Cite your sources. You're free! Be bold!

Well, she did fund Russian disinformation against a political opponent and worked with her Democrat cronies to try and use it to derail a Presidential term :dunno

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's the media's job to investigate all sides of the story (there are usually more than two) and if one side of the story does not stand up to investigation (widespread voter fraud, a corrupted election, a justified insurrection) then it's the media's obligation to report that fact. 

If your perception is that the GOP isn't running on The Big Lie and working at the state level to control the election process, your perception is wrong. You have to seek out some pretty f#&%ed up media to get that side of the story.

Again. One side of this story is literally insane. The fact that Herschal Walker is running roughly 50/50 with Ralph Warnock isn't proof that Walker is just as right. 

I was not talking about the election or the big lie or Warnock and walker. Did you pick the wrong person? This thread is about divisiveness. I was speaking in general terms.   My point about the media is that when folks are watching the likes FOX or MSNBC, even personalities on CNN, it makes them angry about the other side. The media amplifies and perpetuates this anger.... even shows like The View. Sometimes when an editorial or news program makes an accusation about a group of people, the other news media picks it up and says look what these people are saying about our audience. It happens all the time. I have also been a proponent of reading/watching both left and right media reporting on a story to try and discern what the truth is. Reading might be better and avoids the talking heads.