Divisiveness

I also am not a Republican, Democrat, or otherwise. I refuse to register with a political party. I believe that they do not serve our best interests as a nation, and simply exist as a way to serve themselves. People should not become rich by dedicating themselves to public service. That's completely a$$ backwards.

I must be uninformed though. You say the Clintons are out there ordering hit jobs? Literally having people killed at their command? That sounds far worse than anything that anyone in the GOP has been accused of. I don't know why you are even trying to say that both sides are terrible. It sounds like the left is tremendously worse. Can you share the evidence? These murders would have come under the presidency of a man who campaigned on jailing these specific murderers, so surely it's all out there in black and white.

The right has tied themselves to a blatant felon. A man who should have stood trial for treason even before the current fiasco. We can't yell about "both sides" when one side is attempting to destroy our nation and everything it stands for.

You can call it divisiveness. The only division here is people who hold party over country.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

I don't see anything new in today's extremist attitudes.  It was the same when I grew up (long ago).  Conservatives were firmly entrenched in their racism and misogyny.  Those were the cornerstones of conservative political thought, taken for granted.  Liberals were seen as a threat to everything great about America.  Liberal's stated viewpoints sounded like efforts to dismantle society in general.  And remember the slogans the media focused on?  Liberals:  "Off the pigs!"  (Kill police).  Conservatives:  "We'd rather be dead than red."  (Equating social reforms as Communism).   It was crazy then and it's crazy now.

What it all had in common then is still the commonality today:  Media focus on extremism.  Back then the newspapers blared huge above the fold headlines about the strange people running around with placards and writing silly books (Jerry Ruben, Abbie Hoffman et al).  TV showed Goldwater and other conservatives with H-bomb mushroom clouds in the background. 

Same old same ole cycle now:  We get things sold back to us by the news and entertainment media.  And from that point it balloons from imaginary fears to reality.  And on. 

18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No, you said:

12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, she did fund Russian disinformation against a political opponent and worked with her Democrat cronies to try and use it to derail a Presidential term :dunno

And to support that you quoted an article about misreporting election fund spending.

NEW YORK (AP) — Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee have agreed to pay $113,000 to settle a Federal Election Commission investigation into whether they violated campaign finance law by misreporting spending on research that eventually became the infamous Steele dossier.

And, from your own article, the Steele Dossier was not Clinton "funding Russian disinformation" to "derail a presidential term." 

The Steele dossier was a report compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele and financed by Democrats that included salacious allegations about Trump’s conduct in Russia and allegations about ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The Steele Dossier has been discussed ad nauseum here. We all know it was initially started by Republicans, later funded by the DNC, its source had connections to Clinton, and some of the allegations in it were corroborated and some were uncorroborated. 

We also know Steele did not complete the document before it was stolen and published. 

So you're presenting misinformation, again, in a thread bemoaning divisiveness. 

Cool. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

18 hours ago, knapplc said:

No one here is a fan of the Clintons. I'm not sure where you're getting that. Hillary is not "just as evil" as the guy who advocated locking her up, led an insurrection to overthrow a legitimate American election, and then left office stealing dozens of highly classified documents. 

These bizarre tropes about the Clintons killing people are the worst right-wing trash. That you offer that as evidence of "both sides" in a thread where YOU complained about "divisiveness" is the height of irony. 

Complaining about divisiveness while spouting borderline QAnan nonsense about the Clinton's having people killed is *chef's kiss*.

I'm not a fan of Clinton nor did I vote for Biden during the primary. But let's not act like they're anywhere close to Trump, who caused lasting damage to our Democracy and still insists in unyielding loyalty from the party where one has to lie to huge swaths of the electorate by telling them elections are fraudulent. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not according to the facts.  

Fact - the Steele Dossier is not "Russian disinformation"

Fact - the Steele Dossier was not completed by its author before being stolen and published

Fact - Both Republicans and Democrats funded the Steele Dossier

You continue to lie. Stop lying.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, knapplc said:

Sure!

You're welcome to present facts in contrast to "my opinion."

Show us the facts of literally anything you're claiming in this thread. Cite your sources. You're free! Be bold!

Knap, carrying the burden of always being the smartest guy in the room...

Your facts, I know you were there to witness so their irrefutable

I could pull up mine, and I'd hear the knapp go to "strawman" or some other catch phrase you've come up with since i've been gone.

You've succeeded though, in perverting this thread from it's original intent, so congrats again

You've done it buddy

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Fact - the Steele Dossier is not "Russian disinformation"

Fact - the Steele Dossier was not completed by its author before being stolen and published

Fact - Both Republicans and Democrats funded the Steele Dossier

Guys, knap has mentioned to take this thread off the rails from what I intended, and proving to be exactly what I was complaining about...

He's going to tell you he's right and you're wrong, and there's nothing you'll ever do that will prove him wrong...

Pineapples, the most divisive of fruit

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, walksalone said:

Knap, carrying the burden of always being the smartest guy in the room...

Your facts, I know you were there to witness so their irrefutable

I could pull up mine, and I'd hear the knapp go to "strawman" or some other catch phrase you've come up with since i've been gone.

You've succeeded though, in perverting this thread from it's original intent, so congrats again

You've done it buddy

C'mon. This is such a copout. You made a ton of claims that are right-wing QAnon garbage. When asked to show your work, you blame me. 

Just now, walksalone said:

Guys, knap has mentioned to take this thread off the rails from what I intended, and proving to be exactly what I was complaining about...

He's going to tell you he's right and you're wrong, and there's nothing you'll ever do that will prove him wrong...

Pineapples, the most divisive of fruit

***I*** am not "right." 

Facts are right. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

act - the Steele Dossier is not "Russian disinformation

Do you understand who the “sources” were for the information contained in the Steele Dossier?  If not, it would be good for you to know.  It’s been widely reported 

26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

LOL…….

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you understand who the “sources” were for the information contained in the Steele Dossier?  If not, it would be good for you to know.  It’s been widely reported 

LOL…….

Be careful...

Pineapple sh*tting inbound in 3....2....1....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1