Dan Patrick Show: SOURCE links Urban Meyer to *POSSIBLE* upcoming head coaching vacancy at Nebraska

I think there's something like a 0% chance Urban would actually come here.   People would feign anger about the idea until he actually signed, then they'd be happier than a pig in s#!t we actually signed an elite coach.

Also when someone says claims they have a source, and they're unable to name their source so we can vet their source, it means they never had a source, and they're about to throw some s#!t on the wall to see if it sticks.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Cornbred said:

16 views so far and no replies? It's just a feel out of if he would be accepted by the base or not. Personally I'm tired of NU getting their teeth kicked in by the press and fans and big 10 teams. Ya I get it they only lost by 3. But I feel we need to do something drastic to turn things around.I feel that we need to open the purse strings and get somebody to bring us back to prominence before we go completely go to non relevance.

We are all still too happy with Jim Tressel being here so it's hard to get real excited about commenting on situations like this. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Cornbred said:

What does everyone think about the traction that is being gained about Urban Meyer coming to NU possibly? I really want Scott to be the one but recent history doesn't point to him being the one. Urban has baggage but a lot of insiders say it may become reality. What say you?

I would like people to think a little deeper on this one for themselves. You like the IDEA of Frost being the one (former QB, Nebraska guy etc), but you need to accept reality that the actual Frost has no freaking clue what he's doing. He isn’t the one, and we knew that year 2 but hardly anyone wanted to admit it. It never takes anyone 5 years to even show modest progress if they are going to get it done in major college football. Let it go folks, divorce yourself from the fantasy and face reality.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

There's a thread on Huskermax that is compilation of Tweets with all of NU's impossible statistical anomalies under Frost.  I will be floored if he turns it around.  He is stacking up to be one of the worst coaches in the modern era.  If he turns this program around, pay him $30 million a year for life to make sure he never leaves.

To the OP, Urbs has a lot of baggage, but with it out in the public arena, he might act more accordingly if hired.  An opportunity to rebrand himself.

Mods, as this board  is owned by Max, le me know if I can post screen shot or not of the stats..  Thanks.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, huskered17 said:

When he left Utah and we thought he was coming here, I was excited until he said he wanted to have the option to leave,  if the Notre Dame job opened up. I guess i was spoiled by Bob and Tom being loyal Husker coaches, so it didn't have the same appeal to me, as it started out as.

I really don't want him here, but that's just me. 

I pray Scott can turn it around. 

GBR!!!

I don’t think it’s really as much a matter of what Huskers fans ‘want’ or even the program itself.  It’s a matter of need.   Nebraska football once was at or near the very pinnacle of college football as a program and as a brand.  It was a leader in many ways.  

After so many changes over the past 20 years, some good, some bad, Neb football is not a leader.  We are followers.   The legacy of the brand is rapidly fading.  Reloads become rebuilds and now perhaps a resurrection if we don’t make a 180 degree reversal.  Any remaining positive momentum may be completely lost in the coming weeks.  

When Scott Frost came to Lincoln there was great jubilation and exuberance as many felt he could be the savior.  He brought youth, vitality, Husker hero status etc.  Fans and media and some of the ‘experts’ / pundits predicted a return to glory with a modernized scoring machine and of course the Blackshirts and legacy of exceptional kicking gamers would naturally follow.   His resume was practically perfect, so it was suggested. .  

Scott Frost knows football.  He’s learned from the best in the game. He has had success in several places, but his HC experience was actually pretty limited in comparison to his Big Ten peers.  He may have underestimated the magnitude of the job and or overestimated his abilities to manage, delegate and supervise.  He’s had Lady Luck against him.  Dam few lucky bounces, opponent errors etc have come his way to help offset the negatives.  Schedules have been very unfavorable, officials have not been as fair as they should be (deliberately or not), the Big Ten has served up a real gauntlet since Neb joined.  It has never gotten easier and the league is now getting tougher. 

Nebraska football is a member of what is and will be new college football league of the top programs vying for a playoff reminiscent of the NFL.  With the big bucks, the best of the best players and coaches and facilities, Nebraska cannot afford to accept anything less than the best people in the program. The professionals at the prime of their careers.  

I believe Scott can eventually get to that level.  His time at Nebraska has certainly shown him what he needs to improve or change to take that big step up into the top ranks.   It would have been ideal had he come in as the offensive coordinator with a seasoned HC to help him develop the management skills he needs.  He took over more than he was ready for and he’s been unable to fix things.  It’s still a work in progress but the time is running very short.  I haven’t given up all hope but his back is as against a wall.  Fight his way out now or never.  

Im pulling for him and my team to awaken from the trance and play real Husker football.  
They can do this.  They have to believe and then fight like hell and give that 110% that so many talk about.  Every player. Every snap. 

GBR!!!

10 hours ago, Cornbred said:

16 views so far and no replies? It's just a feel out of if he would be accepted by the base or not. Personally I'm tired of NU getting their teeth kicked in by the press and fans and big 10 teams. Ya I get it they only lost by 3. But I feel we need to do something drastic to turn things around.I feel that we need to open the purse strings and get somebody to bring us back to prominence before we go completely go to non relevance.

Personally I'm tired of new threads getting spun up that already exist and have been well covered in 4 other ones :dunno

• Haha 1
On 9/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, gossamorharpy said:

Personally I'm tired of new threads getting spun up that already exist and have been well covered in 4 other ones :dunno

Well there are those of us who don't live on this board and don't know if it's been covered or not. Those of us who have lives and don't have time to read through a topic with 12 pages. That's why mods merge. Many of us don't fly a desk and don't have an open tab on the browser to check Huskerboard every 5 minutes. Please Indulge the laboring class from time to time, My Lord.

On 9/4/2022 at 9:43 AM, Cornbred said:

Well there are those of us who don't live on this board and don't know if it's been covered or not. Those of us who have lives and don't have time to read through a topic with 12 pages. That's why mods merge. Many of us don't fly a desk and don't have an open tab on the browser to check Huskerboard every 5 minutes. Please Indulge the laboring class from time to time, My Lord.

It’s called the search function ma guy

8 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

let's be honest. no other coach is bringing top talent here and giving us a chance to win besides Urban. yea, there's other coaches that could get us to 8 wins, but if the program is serious about national championships then you have to hire urban meyer.

If Mark Stoops can win at Kentucky then he can surely win here.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1