Dan Patrick Show: SOURCE links Urban Meyer to *POSSIBLE* upcoming head coaching vacancy at Nebraska

Stoops (Mark or Bob)

Chris Petersen

Dave Aranda

Matt Rhule

Zac Taylor

Not saying we can get these coaches but it would be foolish of us to not at least reach out and contact them about their interest. If we really do get all that B1G and network money, then now is the time to use it and IMO Trev Alberts is the guy to do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Stoops (Mark or Bob)

Chris Petersen

Dave Aranda

Matt Rhule

Zac Taylor

Not saying we can get these coaches but it would be foolish of us to not at least reach out and contact them about their interest. If we really do get all that B1G and network money, then now is the time to use it and IMO Trev Alberts is the guy to do it.

I say you start with Urban Meyer and after that Bob Stoops in my book. Im a bigger fan of Bob then Mark just bc Bob has had more long term success and Bob Stoops would attract national recruits too just like Urban Meyer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Why is everyone fastinated with Rhule? Yes he had success at Temple and Baylor but his overall ncaa record is 47-43 thats not really going to draw big time recruits to Nebraska Im sorry.

It’s a good record when you look at the programs as from when he started to how they were when he left. He made winners. I don’t care he went 1-11 his first season at Baylor considering he went like 6-6 year two and then 11-1 year three. That’s good. That’s what’s supposed to happen.

12 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

It’s a good record when you look at the programs as from when he started to how they were when he left. He made winners. I don’t care he went 1-11 his first season at Baylor considering he went like 6-6 year two and then 11-1 year three. That’s good. That’s what’s supposed to happen.

Right the question is do you want development take 2-3 years to rebuild or getting a coach that doesn't take much time to develop and wins right away?

3 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

That’s the Frost model.    If you don’t hire a big name coach, you can’t turn this around.  We are facing a 1-11 season, following 5 losing seasons. 

This is no longer ‘reload’ or ‘ rebuild’.  It’s reclamation.   Any non legend type HC will be facing the Bill Snyder challenge - possibly decades long.  And Snyder never actually got KSU to where NU was for 40 years.  

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Why is everyone fastinated with Rhule? Yes he had success at Temple and Baylor but his overall ncaa record is 47-43 thats not really going to draw big time recruits to Nebraska Im sorry.

I encourage you to do some deeper dives into the situations Ruhle walked into at Temple and Baylor.  One thing that is a bit concerning about Ruhle is the year Baylor went 11-3, the Big 12 wasn't very good and I don't think he beat anyone that was ranked IIRC.

4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

He also doesn't need big time recruits. His eye for talent is very good. His Temple teams took no name guys and put them into the NFL where they have become star players-Dawkins, Reddick. His 2016 offensive line was an act of God. 

The only thing I can see being an issue is he is an East Coast guy, (but that didn't stop him in Waco), and his dream job is Penn State and their dream coach is Matt Rhule.