Dan Patrick Show: SOURCE links Urban Meyer to *POSSIBLE* upcoming head coaching vacancy at Nebraska

47 minutes ago, Cornbred said:

I don't think Urban wants his coaching career to end in failure. He washed out at the jags and got fired. This could cement his legacy as one of the greatest college football coaches ever if he can come here and resurrect both his reputation and our program. 

There is so much truth to this.  He has always been complimentary of the program/fan base/facilities.  His ego would love bringing a "sleeping former football giant" back to it's former glory.  

Again as a realist I know the powers to be probably will not go for him, but it is absolutely asinine to not reach out or believe he wouldn't consider it.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Crazy how hard this is to grasp...

Incorrect.  

Some people who are very smart realize he won't come here, and that Trev won't offer him the job.

But if someone asks, who is the best coach out there, to turn Nebraska into "winning every saturday"......??   I mean, it's Urban Meyer.  And it's not even close.

I hope that when people "wish" for UM, this is what they are saying.  At least I do.

• TBH 1
11 minutes ago, admo said:

Incorrect.  

Some people who are very smart realize he won't come here, and that Trev won't offer him the job.

But if someone asks, who is the best coach out there, to turn Nebraska into "winning every saturday"......??   I mean, it's Urban Meyer.  And it's not even close.

I hope that when people "wish" for UM, this is what they are saying.  At least I do.

I want him.  We all should.

But it ain't gonna happen...

• Plus1 1