Dan Patrick Show: SOURCE links Urban Meyer to *POSSIBLE* upcoming head coaching vacancy at Nebraska

1 hour ago, admo said:

Incorrect.  

Some people who are very smart realize he won't come here, and that Trev won't offer him the job.

But if someone asks, who is the best coach out there, to turn Nebraska into "winning every saturday"......??   I mean, it's Urban Meyer.  And it's not even close.

I hope that when people "wish" for UM, this is what they are saying.  At least I do.

It's obvious that Nebraska writers don't want him, so they're doing everything they can to convince the public and Trev and Urban himself that they won't want it, either.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Don't understand why everyone is so high on Urban. He comes in and does his thing. Generates some wins and interest then either has another health scare, becomes entrenched in a controvery of some sort, or bolts for the next best thing. We need someone who is in it for the long haul, generate some wins quick and restore what's been lost.

10 minutes ago, McBrideMafia said:

Don't understand why everyone is so high on Urban. He comes in and does his thing. Generates some wins and interest then either has another health scare, becomes entrenched in a controvery of some sort, or bolts for the next best thing. 

That is all there is to understand about why people are so high on Urban.

• Plus1 4
Just now, McBrideMafia said:

@Husker03 well that's dumb and then just a few years were back to where we are now.

Nope.. That is where you are wrong. In a few years we would be coming off a top 10 ranking and a Huge Big 10 title win against OSU with a juicy New Years Bowl matchup. And ya, Urbs may leave us hanging there for sure.. It's even likely that he will, he's 63 after all. But I'd FAR rather be hanging there, looking to make a real hire of a talented coach that would no longer question if it can be done here nor would be put off by the amount of effort it would take to get to that level. Beggars can't be choosers when it comes to head coaches... And let me tell you, as we sit right here right now..  There are NO LARGER BEGGARS in all of college football than NU is. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, McBrideMafia said:

I don't think 'values' necessarily align w NU's...but I guess we'll see how it all plays out.:bang

He values winning.

Me too.

But seriously.. I am as die hard Husker fan as there is. In fact, I am embarrassed to say that due to the current product on the field, it will ruin my fall/winter. One of the few happiness' I have in life is following all things Husker, but in particular football. I do not plan to watch much more this season. I can't detach enough to handle it without completely walking away for a bit. It's like and ex you want to still be friends with but it just won't work. If I am at this point, I'd bet 75+% of the fanbase is as well. And that is a fanbase that has been hemorrhaging followers for years.  The department needs to put a good product on the field for sure, but each week that passes without an injection of hope will cost the program and state of Nebraska millions of dollars. Urban checks a hell of a lot of boxes, more than likely anybody else will. If he's talking, you talk back.. And you talk with your big boy pants on with a blue ink pen in the pocket. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, McBrideMafia said:

@Husker03 to each their own. I'm not going to tell yo your wrong. That's your take and it's okay. I've just seen and heard enough about Urban over the years to know better. If he comes to NU nothing good will come of it. I don't think 'values' necessarily align w NU's...but I guess we'll see how it all plays out.:bang

You just described about 99.64% of all coaches at this level

When you have a the prettiest girl in the room looking your way and showing you attention, you do everything you can to seal the deal. You don't worry about what issues she had with her past boyfriends, and you don't say "she's too pretty for me" which seems to be the mentality of many Nebraska fans.

51 minutes ago, McBrideMafia said:

well that's dumb and then just a few years were back to where we are now.

Why would we back back to where we are now? I don't understand that mentality. The only way we go back to where we are now would be if we make another terrible hire after Urb has resurrected the program. Once he builds it, it's up to the AD and subsequent hires to keep it going.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, McBrideMafia said:

@Husker03 to each their own. I'm not going to tell yo your wrong. That's your take and it's okay. I've just seen and heard enough about Urban over the years to know better. If he comes to NU nothing good will come of it. I don't think 'values' necessarily align w NU's...but I guess we'll see how it all plays out.:bang

Im so tired of people saying thats why we don't want him or shouldn't want him bc he doesn't fit our culture. Our product of what I seen today and alot of others should tell Nebraskan's and the University it's going to take a tremendous coach to bring us out of the gutter. Yes we lost to a superior team but Oklahoma has the formula for success that Nebraska hasn't used and should. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Why would we back back to where we are now? I don't understand that mentality. The only way we go back to where we are now would be if we make another terrible hire after Urb has resurrected the program. Once he builds it, it's up to the AD and subsequent hires to keep it going.

If we make a terrible hire then this University has no right to lean on fans for support and good luck to that if that happens.

6 hours ago, Cornbred said:

I don't think Urban wants his coaching career to end in failure.

I thought this was going to be a post about why Urban doesn't want to come to Nebraska after that first sentence.

6 hours ago, Cornbred said:

He washed out at the jags and got fired. This could cement his legacy as one of the greatest college football coaches ever if he can come here and resurrect both his reputation and our program. He may be considering us who knows?

I forgot he had that terrible season with the jags.

5 hours ago, McBrideMafia said:

Don't understand why everyone is so high on Urban. He comes in and does his thing. Generates some wins and interest then either has another health scare, becomes entrenched in a controvery of some sort, or bolts for the next best thing. We need someone who is in it for the long haul, generate some wins quick and restore what's been lost.

Cause he is one of less than a handful of coaches that can go anywhere he wants and win. he’s on the same level as Nick Saban. If you want national championships or even a hope of sniffing a college playoff birth he is your guy. There are a lot of other good candidates capable of making Nebraska a 9 win football program, but if you want the chance to be a national contender again he’s the only option out there

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Husker03 said:

He values winning.

Me too.

But seriously.. I am as die hard Husker fan as there is. In fact, I am embarrassed to say that due to the current product on the field, it will ruin my fall/winter. One of the few happiness' I have in life is following all things Husker, but in particular football. I do not plan to watch much more this season. I can't detach enough to handle it without completely walking away for a bit. It's like and ex you want to still be friends with but it just won't work. If I am at this point, I'd bet 75+% of the fanbase is as well. And that is a fanbase that has been hemorrhaging followers for years.  The department needs to put a good product on the field for sure, but each week that passes without an injection of hope will cost the program and state of Nebraska millions of dollars. Urban checks a hell of a lot of boxes, more than likely anybody else will. If he's talking, you talk back.. And you talk with your big boy pants on with a blue ink pen in the pocket. 

You literally destroyed mcbridemafias argument guess I’m following you from now on well done sir. Not sure what was more lopsided Oklahoma beating Nebraska today or the points you just made