Dan Patrick Show: SOURCE links Urban Meyer to *POSSIBLE* upcoming head coaching vacancy at Nebraska

On 9/14/2022 at 9:58 AM, Mavric said:

Urban is highly unlikely and not someone Trev will approach

On 9/14/2022 at 9:58 AM, Mavric said:

Callahan

I read that yesterday during the Q & A thread.

Certainly not the least bit surprising considering the first thing out of Trev's mouth when asked about what he'll be looking for in a new coach was "Character". That immediately ruled out Meyer the way I see it and I wondered if it wasn't intentionally worded like that for a reason.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:08 PM, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

The more I think it through, the more I fear Trev is Eichorst in an Alberts mask

GTFO, Trev has legitimate skins on his wall from his success at UNO. 

As much as people want to gig him for how all of the UNO changes went down (and understandably so), it seems Trev has learned from his mistakes and missteps (see: the Frost extension last year).

If Trev pulled the trigger last season, the fanbase would have been split. By giving Frost enough rope to hang himself, he's got everyone on board with the firing (well, except for Frost) and looking forward (pulling in the same direction) with a long-term vision as the goal. 

Not saying Trev is perfect--just that he seems to be trying and is legitimately vested in DoNU's success. That's a far cry from Moos, Eichorst, Pedeyshine, $ Bill Byrne, or anyone we've had since Bob Devaney was day-drinking his way through being a figurehead AD. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Just now, VectorVictor said:

As much as people want to gig him for how all of the UNO changes went down (and understandably so), it seems he's learned from it (see: the Frost extension last year). If Trev pulled the trigger last season, the fanbase would have been split. By giving Frost enough rope to hang himself, he's got everyone on board with the firing (well, except for Frost) and looking forward (pulling in the same direction). 

Not saying Trev is perfect--just that he seems to be trying and is legitimately vested in DoNU's success. That's a far cry from Moos, Eichorst, Pedeyshine, or anyone we've had since Bob Devaney was day-drinking his way through being a figurehead AD. 

Not super up on Trev's time at UNO but I know he made some great hires. 

I'm already thrilled at his football hires. Here's a list of guys he convinced to join a staff led by the hottest seat in football.

- Mark Whipple. People said he performed a miracle with Pickett. Hot name this offseason and a lot of people wanted him. Broyles Nominee

- Bryan Applewhite. A lot of people wanted him too. He's moving up fast. Not sure how much we can credit him with AG's success but there has to be some.

- Mickey Joseph. Sure, it was probably understood that he'd be the interim but I'm sure recruiting to LSU is easier.

I recall all three of these guys being top-tier candidates. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

As much as people want to gig him for how all of the UNO changes went down (and understandably so), it seems Trev has learned from his mistakes and missteps (see: the Frost extension last year).

If Trev pulled the trigger last season, the fanbase would have been split. By giving Frost enough rope to hang himself, he's got everyone on board with the firing (well, except for Frost) and looking forward (pulling in the same direction) with a long-term vision as the goal. 

Not saying Trev is perfect--just that he seems to be trying and is legitimately vested in DoNU's success. That's a far cry from Moos, Eichorst, Pedeyshine, $ Bill Byrne, or anyone we've had since Bob Devaney was day-drinking his way through being a figurehead AD. 

I'm going to stay here, but I really do appreciate your take, and my thoughts at the time were fear based (with a little humor sprinkled in).  I'm team Trev all the way, baby.

That said, if we end up with Chadwell as head coach, I'm off team Trev!

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

I would imagine this is true.  You basically have the chance to interview/sell your program to the best coach out there...while under the guise of it being for the broadcast.  

I am was Trev...I slide this paper over to Urb

How many years _______

How much per year _______

Signature ___________________________

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I would imagine this is true.  You basically have the chance to interview/sell your program to the best coach out there...while under the guise of it being for the broadcast.  

How many years _______

It's definitely for coaching. After Colo St let Urban essentially hire their coach (addazio) there's not a chance an AD let's him consult on an actual candidate. I don't see Trev as that impressionable examples aside.

• TBH 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

How many years _______

Urban's Reply: 

200.gif

4 hours ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I'm going to stay here, but I really do appreciate your take, and my thoughts at the time were fear based (with a little humor sprinkled in).  I'm team Trev all the way, baby.

That said, if we end up with Chadwell as head coach, I'm off team Trev!

Dude, I didn't mean to literally GTFO. 

• Plus1 1