Dan Patrick Show: SOURCE links Urban Meyer to *POSSIBLE* upcoming head coaching vacancy at Nebraska

If Urban Meyer came to Lincoln and won a championship with the Huskers, he would go down as one of the best coaches in the history of Husker Football.  To take a program from where it is and has been the past 20+ years and put it back at the top would be nothing short of a miracle and Urban would be legendary for it here in Nebraska.  The Huskers need a big win and so does Urban.  The stars are aligned and winning cures all!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Cdog923 said:

I disagree. Aside from the drama in cutting the programs at UNO, he's been a solid AD both there and here, IMO. 

And he didn't make those cuts by himself. He's the point guy for all that goes on in the Athletic Department front office, but he's not going to just randomly cut huge programs without input from compliance, the president and chancellor, etc. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I'm relieved you disagree.  I just don't want him to hire a nice guy figurehead coach.  Perhaps I fear it because it has been done recently before.

And I don't think he will (and please don't think my disagreement = disrespect; you're more than entitled to your opinion, which is one I've shared at one point in time). His hiring of Dean Blais for UNO Hockey was a home run, so we know he's show that he's got that club in the bag. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

And I don't think he will (and please don't think my disagreement = disrespect; you're more than entitled to your opinion, which is one I've shared at one point in time). His hiring of Dean Blais for UNO Hockey was a home run, so we know he's show that he's got that club in the bag. 

Oh it's great to see all the responses no worries.  My opinion is fear based and not well-researched.  I put mine out there to open up and see how other supporters respond.  I'm narrowed on the coaching search and am learning about the wholistic impact Alberts had at UNO.  It's good to see other supporters trust him.