Saunders

Call Your Shot!  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the outcome of Game 2!

• Nebraska Wins & Covers (-22.5)
    • Nebraska wins but doesn't cover
    • Bad stuff happens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 06:00 PM

2022 Game 2 “Expert” Picks: North Dakota @ Nebraska

—————

CollegeFootballNews.com

Why North Dakota Will Win

The Fighting Hawks should be able to keep things moving. The offensive line is good enough to pound away a bit – maybe not like Northwestern did last week against the Huskers in Dublin, but enough to get the ground game going – and QB Tommy Schuster is careful with the ball. He can hit the short, midrange throws, he’ll get time to throw, and the team has a way of controlling the clock and keeping things moving. However …

Why Nebraska Will Win

You think Nebraska is going to be just a weeeeeee bit fired up to get back on the field?There were a whole slew of things that went wrong in the meltdown loss to Northwestern, but Casey Thompson threw for 355 yards and was solid in the first half, there was a little bit of a ground game when the offense tried, and even after giving up 528 yards of total offense, the defense actually held up more than it got credit for. North Dakota won’t be able to grind it out like Northwestern did, the team should come out with a renewed energy, and …

What’s Going To Happen

How much does it matter that Nebraska is coming off that long, rough trip to Ireland? This is supposed to be the breather of a week – Northwestern is taking it off – but North Dakota is just physical enough overall and strong enough defensively to make the base grouchy. The Nebraska passing game will kick in after the first quarter, but it’s not going to be as smooth as everyone might like, at least for a little while.

Nebraska 41 - North Dakota 17

—————

ESPN FPI

Nebraska - 97.9% Win

—————

DRatings

Nebraska 36 - North Dakota 13

Nebraska - 92.5% Win

—————

ESPN Bill Connelly SP+

Nebraska 37 - North Dakota 14

—————

Big Red Wrap Up

Mike’l Severe: Nebraska 37 - North Dakota 14

Jay Moore: Nebraska 42 - North Dakota 21

Sean Callahan: Nebraska 41 - North Dakota 17

—————

More to come!!!

• Plus1 2

I just don't see how our offense doesn't put up a big number in this game.  So many "experts" only picking us to score a touchdown or so more than we did against NW just doesn't seen realistic but who knows I guess.  I personally think we cover easily.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
On 9/2/2022 at 3:26 PM, Hilltop said:

I just don't see how our offense doesn't put up a big number in this game.  So many "experts" only picking us to score a touchdown or so more than we did against NW just doesn't seen realistic but who knows I guess.  I personally think we cover easily.  

Welp.... lol

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
On 9/2/2022 at 2:26 PM, Hilltop said:

Typical bad Big Ten team thinking they are way better than a medicore FCS team. 
Imagine if you played North Dakota State instead of North Dakota....ouch. 

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, WildBill said:

Typical bad Big Ten team thinking they are way better than a medicore FCS team. 
Imagine if you played North Dakota State instead of North Dakota....ouch. 

Methinks yer right.  Might have been a different outcome.  We'd win, but not by more than 10 points or so. 

Btw we're not a Big Ten team in the same sense of others in the conference.  We're much worse (as far as how good we think we should be, etc). 

9 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Methinks yer right.  Might have been a different outcome.  We'd win, but not by more than 10 points or so. 

Btw we're not a Big Ten team in the same sense of others in the conference.  We're much worse (as far as how good we think we should be, etc). 

North Dakota State would absolutely beat Nebraska, and it wouldn't be close at all....UND (the team that Nebraska played) is a medicore FCS team that is middle of the pack in their own conference. 
NDSU went to Iowa, Iowa St, Kansas St, Colorado St, and beat them all...guess what all those fans said? We'll win, no problem. They did not. 

Nebraska fans gotta come to reality. This isn't the Nebraska of old. They are not good and have not been good for a bit. 

• Plus1 1
On 9/4/2022 at 9:42 AM, WildBill said:

North Dakota State would absolutely beat Nebraska, and it wouldn't be close at all....UND (the team that Nebraska played) is a medicore FCS team that is middle of the pack in their own conference. 
NDSU went to Iowa, Iowa St, Kansas St, Colorado St, and beat them all...guess what all those fans said? We'll win, no problem. They did not. 

Nebraska fans gotta come to reality. This isn't the Nebraska of old. They are not good and have not been good for a bit. 

I think most Nebraska fans are in reality about our team.  My gosh it's been decades since "the Nebraska of old."  Read around in here.

BUT, as I say, we're worse than most fans in the country as to our expectations.  There are some in the Big Ten like Ohio State and Michigan with perennial high expectations, but Nebraska has nothing else but this college football team, so it's all on the coaches to give Nebraska something to be proud of.  Of course, when ever you say that to a Nebraskan they'll bring up the sand hill cranes or chimney rock or some such.  Or Johnny Carson.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Hagg said:

I think most Nebraska fans are in reality about our team.  My gosh it's been decades since "the Nebraska of old."  Read around in here.

BUT, as I say, we're worse than most fans in the country as to our expectations.  There are some in the Big Ten like Ohio State and Michigan with perennial high expectations, but Nebraska has nothing else but this college football team, so it's all on the coaches to give Nebraska something to be proud of.  Of course, when ever you say that to a Nebraskan they'll bring up the sand hill cranes or chimney rock or some such.  Or Johnny Carson,  :lol:

Fun fact, Johnny Carson was born in Iowa.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:49 AM, runningblind said:

Fun fact, Johnny Carson was born in Iowa.

Which everybody on Earth knows, his mother fired him out of her there, then promptly moved to Norfolk, Ne.  He was in a hurry to get out of there, though, too, before they started shamelessly calling it Norfork.