North Dakota - What did we learn?

admo

Didn't see this started yet.  If I completely missed it, Mods delete or merge.

Touch and go for a few, but NU won.  And that's all that matters.

CT threw some nice balls.  Better thrower than we have had in a while.

I liked the QB running some.  Gives DC's something to think about and is a nice wrinkle moving forward.  Triple option the same thing.  I am not recommending he be the leading rusher, but 3-5 designed runs/game would be great.

After years wandering in the desert, we look to finally have that every down back in Grant.  Nimble feet for a big man.  Explosive, punishing runner.  Will need that moving forward.

Receivers did their job.  Look to be improved from previous years and multiple guys getting looks/touches.  I liked Omar's hustle on the ling Grant TD.  

OL is going to get CT killed.

D is a big work in progress.  Nelson was all over the place.  Slow is smooth and smooth is fast would be a great mantra for him.  He played very well today.  Great to see Mathis get some tackles to include the sack and TFL (IIRC).

No idea how many tackles we missed.  Unsure if we even practice them.  I think Sanfords was the first open field solo tackle I saw all season.  They way he tested off the charts, be great to have been play that nickel spot  (if he can cover).  D has definitely taken a step or 3 back.  Miss JoJo as an eraser in that front 7.  Worried about teams that run heavy PA (or will watch film and do that).   

ST was ok.  Didn't cost us a game.  The 3 points could've hurt but didn't.  Would love to see us actually get a punt return.  No idea what Liewer was thinking grabbing that ball....Great to see we can punt well.  

I will take the win all day long.

• Plus1 2

Touch and go for a few, but NU won.  And that's all that matters.

CT threw some nice balls.  Better thrower than we have had in a while.

I liked the QB running some.  Gives DC's something to think about and is a nice wrinkle moving forward.  Triple option the same thing.  I am not recommending he be the leading rusher, but 3-5 designed runs/game would be great.

After years wandering in the desert, we look to finally have that every down back in Grant.  Nimble feet for a big man.  Explosive, punishing runner.  Will need that moving forward.

Receivers did their job.  Look to be improved from previous years and multiple guys getting looks/touches.  I liked Omar's hustle on the ling Grant TD.  

OL is going to get CT killed.

D is a big work in progress.  Nelson was all over the place.  Slow is smooth and smooth is fast would be a great mantra for him.  He played very well today.  Great to see Mathis get some tackles to include the sack and TFL (IIRC).

No idea how many tackles we missed.  Unsure if we even practice them.  I think Sanfords was the first open field solo tackle I saw all season.  They way he tested off the charts, be great to have been play that nickel spot  (if he can cover).  D has definitely taken a step or 3 back.  Miss JoJo as an eraser in that front 7.  Worried about teams that run heavy PA (or will watch film and do that).   

ST was ok.  Didn't cost us a game.  The 3 points could've hurt but didn't.  Would love to see us actually get a punt return.  No idea what Liewer was thinking grabbing that ball....Great to see we can punt well.  

I will take the win all day long.

• Plus1 3

What ever happened to  "Personal Foul, Late hit, Defense, 15 yards..... The play is under review for targeting"

The hit on CT near the endzone should have been a PF call first and foremost, if you are going to throw a flag. Then check for the targeting stuff on replay.  Which it wasn't, understandable.  Still a penalty? I thought so

On record, I'm not "blame refs guy".  I thought they got the call incorrectly 

• Plus1 6

Just now, talaricohusker said:

Hikson and abandon definitely need to be benched for the way they played on the line . I was painful to watch someone lined up on the end come free unblocked. The line wiffed on so many blocks they need to get that cleaned up fast

Not sure how you can single them out on bad line play. Teddy got beat seemingly every other play.