North Dakota - What did we learn?

admo

I think we all know how the Frost era is going to end, but I’m not sure that Alberts humiliating him is something I support.  I’m talking reducing his contract while hamstring his coaching authority. Fire him or support him. Watching his pressers leave me sad and confused. He looks and sounds physically I’ll.  It’s tugging my heart strings a bit 

And I did say this last year too. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The pooch kick this game was the right call.

But I think Frost might have started dictating plays in the 2nd half. The question was asked who was calling plays, and he said he wasn't going to get into that discussion, but it'd be better if everyone gets on the same page and cooperates. Or something to that affect. We ran way more in the 2nd I felt like, and that doesn't seem like Whip...

It’s certainly not like Frost. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Right call or no, Frost needs to sit down and let his special teams coordinator make these calls.

The pooch was an automatic play call. Frost didn't make that call, it's part of the game plan and agreed upon by the staff.

Regardless he's the CEO and these are the decisions he's supposed to make; like going for it on 4th down, kicking 55+ yard field goals, onsides kicks, etc.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What do you think?  Think he’s ever going to see the field if he whines?  It appears the worst thing you can be right now is a ‘frost guy’. 

I don’t think HCSF is vindictive like that.  Plus, the way things are going, Coach’s days at Nebraska may be more numbered than Rhamir’s. 

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

The pooch was an automatic play call. Frost didn't make that call, it's part of the game plan and agreed upon by the staff.

Regardless he's the CEO and these are the decisions he's supposed to make; like going for it on 4th down, kicking 55+ yard field goals, onsides kicks, etc.

Was it, really?  After last week - which was talked about across the college football sports world - and the staff all agreed to it?   I mean, what could possibly go wrong?  

I don't care, but it is too soon to even consider the thought, and you are playing FCS North Dakota, and up by 7 points.  It was stupid.  Just Kick the ball off.

• Haha 1

Just now, admo said:

Was it, really?  After last week - which was talked about across the college football sports world - and the staff all agreed to it?   I mean, what could possibly go wrong?  

I don't care, but it is too soon to even consider the thought, and you are playing FCS North Dakota, and up by 7 points.  It was stupid.

What?

You pooch kick there everytime. You kick it through the end zone they take it on the 25. You let them fair catch it they get it on the 25. Pooch it and make them try to return it for minimal gain. They had a horrible formation setup with hardly anyone in the middle. We would have had them pinned deep if he would have kicked it past the frist defender.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

(1) I saw no evidence that this year will be any different than last

(2) our special teams play is still chaotic and inconsistent with a slight improvement from last year

(3) we can’t tackle. In fact our defense thinks they are playing flag football.

(4) our offense still hits the self-destruct button at the most in opportune times

(5) Frost’s game management plan is an insult to the game of football

(6) Frost does not know how to use timeouts

(7) our offense has zero identity and relies on players making remarkable plays. Grant saved us from some horrible play calling

(8) we stand no chance in our division as all coaches in our division can easily outsmart our coaching staff

(9) we have talented players but lack talented coaches to help them be consistent 

(10) if it was not clear yet, after this game, it is obvious that Frost will not be our coach next year. The only question remaining is how much after October 1 will he be allowed to coach at Nebraska.

At the end of the day, you can have the fastest car in the world, but if you do not have a good driver, you ain’t winning the race. Frost and his coaches have talented players but they can’t coach them. In fact, we probably have better talent than any team in our division but unlike those teams, we do not have the coaches to get the maximum out of our players like the other teams do. The Northwestern game was a prime example.