NU - 8 plays touchdown

ND - 3 plays, punt

NU - 1 play, fumble

ND - 3 plays, punt

NU - 3 plays, punt

ND - 7 plays, punt 

NU - 12 plays missed fg

ND - 16 plays touchdown

So tell me again how it's the defenses fault when Nebraska had 2 possessions that went 3 or less plays?

Offense didn't help them.

We played an FCS team.  A not great one.  And we struggled mightily.  

I saw a fresh Defense that gave up around 40 yards of offense on an FCS team's first drive.  I saw a Defense get very little push on an FCS team's Offensive Line.  I saw an FCS run ing back gash a B1G defense for 60+ yard run.   I saw an FCS team get critical 3rd downs with a B1G defense, crowd behind them, looking lost and overpowered at times.

I hate typing this, but we are a complete mess.  Robinson, Reimer, Heinrich, Feist...it's really bad.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

This might be the worst Nebraska team I've seen in...ever.  

The Sooners will beat us.  Frost will get fired.  Our Video Hype Team will have us excited for 2023.

Oh, I don't know.  2017?  2002?  Honestly this may be the worst coached team.. and that's a maybe after Riley.  But I know the gist of that "worst" feeling, but not quite that extreme;  the signs of life they show, such as the 4th quarter of this last game, and maybe even the first possession in the first quarter, tell me that the horses are there (not top ones, but damned good and they can be fired up) and that the OU game will fire them up.  Yes Frost and some of that coaching staff seem to be disjointed or something of that nature.  But truth be told they can do some special things that should be done every game in every quarter, but they don't.  The only case I can make for a good OU game is how special it is to us and to Frost as well.  Perhaps everything will be at its best:  OU 34 - NU 38.  :woo

10 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

We played an FCS team.  A not great one.  And we struggled mightily.  

I saw a fresh Defense that gave up around 40 yards of offense on an FCS team's first drive.  I saw a Defense get very little push on an FCS team's Offensive Line.  I saw an FCS run ing back gash a B1G defense for 60+ yard run.   I saw an FCS team get critical 3rd downs with a B1G defense, crowd behind them, looking lost and overpowered at times.

I hate typing this, but we are a complete mess.  Robinson, Reimer, Heinrich, Feist...it's really bad.

If it was NDSU, it'd be one thing.  But it wasn't.  And it was game 2, after a loss.  And we struggled on both lines.  If I was opposing OC's, I would just do PA all day.  Wish we all came out feeling better, but it still left a lot of questions.... 

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, Undone said:

I don't think Thompson is really that much better of a passer than Martinez. He does make quicker decisions in general though, so he gets the edge by a small margin. But he's either overthrown or underthrown some pretty key passes in two games and those are sometimes mistakes that end drives.

Anthony Grant is the most complete back we've probably had since Ameer Abdullah. While Maurice Washington was an extremely talented athlete, Grant is too, and he can bounce off people and keep his balance to go upfield.

I really liked that the offensive staff switched it up and just started feeding him the ball. We easily could have lost if they hadn't done that.

More special teams f***-ups, as usual. It just never ends.

We need Fidone and Vokolek out there. A third string TE commits holding while on his back on a guy who couldn't have even made a play on the ball.   :facepalm:

What about  Fidone. Will he ever play a down for us. I haven't heard if he is going to be able to play this year, or not. 

Sure would like to see the kid get a chance to enjoy the competition. 

GBR!!!

I learned that the O line is in fact, terrible. The only reason we started to get any push in the second half was because North Dakota was getting worn out. We won’t be so fortunate with our opponents in the B1G. I’m especially worried about our O line and their ability to cover the ends. This makes me look down the schedule and having watched Indiana’s Cam Jones play I’m now way more concerned that we lose that game at home. 

As for the defense, I learned that our tackling is downright pitiful (though I kinda already knew this). They stepped up in the second half, but again… we were playing a school projected to finish 7th in the Missouri Valley conference. There were so many instances where their runners were turning what should normally only be a 2-3 yard gain into 7-8 yards, and runs that normally would result in a tackle for a loss, into yards gained. This, combined with not being able to tackle in open space, is going to absolutely kill us when we get to conference play. 

Overall, this game solidified to me that our football program is so far off the rails from where we want to be. I really feel like this is going to be a long year for us and I would be shocked to see us make a bowl game. Scott Frost will be fired and we will have to start over once again, hopefully for the better. On the bright side, I do think we have a decent chance to beat Iowa this year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe UND is a little better than given credit for. Still fcs but not too bad. We had a blast In Section 21. You might have even heard us.  The dang 3 and 15 - your receiver made a great play. - must have strong hands.

Anyway - Nebraska has players . You may surprise yourself. Thanks for all the great memories and being so welcoming. Memorial stadium is awesome. 
See you again in four years

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1