Rahmir Johnson

Go Furself

10 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I’ve seen more from Grant and Allen in 2 games than I have any of the other backs. Make people miss, hit the hole hard, finish moving forward, and Grant isn’t afraid to sacrifice his body on pass pro. 

It’s super early but Grant has all the makings of being the best back since Ameer. The fact Frost is begging for RJ makes zero sense. 

a lot of Frost's thoughts make no sense , i want him gone, he can take Trev with him.  this was a piss poor experiment, Frost still behind the wheel, obviously.

2 hours ago, Farms said:

but I’m certain you will see things in the OU game that you haven’t seen.

Guaranteed.  We see things weekly.:)

2 hours ago, Farms said:

2 hours ago, Farms said:

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't know what we've seen from the backs and receivers that makes people think, "you know what this team needs, Rahmir Johnson's meager production".

That's what I was saying ahead of the season about our whole group of RBs from last year (with the possible exception of Ervin, since he was injured). Maybe the new coaches can get more out of them than the old ones, but as of now it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if any of them hit the portal.

• Haha 1

Probably been said…. I feel bad for Johnson, but as a few radio guys said today…. Fact is, he just got BEAT OUT.  New guys are BETTER and SF is playing best guys. Anyone who criticizes without seeing practice is just not very smart, yet trying to ACT like they know the game. LMAO

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, HANC said:

Probably been said…. I feel bad for Johnson, but as a few radio guys said today…. Fact is, he just got BEAT OUT.  New guys are BETTER and SF is playing best guys. Anyone who criticizes without seeing practice is just not very smart, yet trying to ACT like they know the game. LMAO

Meh.  You've got a guy (Yant) who put 127 yards on only 13 carries along with a 64 yarder on NW last year but magically he gets a couple if that touches against them this year.  Umkaaaaay.  You've got Rahmir Johnson who put 103 total yards last year on Oklahoma amongst other games and who was our 2nd leading rusher last year who may as well be a ghost now.  Just another NU back on the milk carton now.  

Come to Nebraska because we/SF know how to develop running backs baby!!

• Haha 3

On 9/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, Go Furself said:
Frost keeps talking about getting Rahmir Johnson involved; PUT RAHMIR JOHNSON AT SLOT RECEIVER!!!!! So obvious!

Frost has always talked about getting certain players involved and then it never happens.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, Go Furself said:
Frost keeps talking about getting Rahmir Johnson involved; PUT RAHMIR JOHNSON AT SLOT RECEIVER!!!!! So obvious!

Frost has always talked about getting certain players involved and then it never happens.

• Fire 1

I liked what Johnson at I-back in 2021, as he brought some versatility and had decent success back there.  However, the coaching staff has a job to keep bringing in talent and let the best players play.  Grant and Allen look as the 2 best I-backs by far, and the simple story is that they have beaten out Johnson, Ervin, and Yant (although I was never high on Yant).  I think Rahmir can find a role on the field as a combo RB/WR, and that may come in future games as Whipple shows new plays/wrinkles to the offense.

Ameer Abullah was the lowest recruited I-back of his class, but when he got to NU, he showed he was the best of the three.  That's all you can ask as a player.  Get on campus, and show what kind of player you are, and take advantage of those opportunities.

• Plus1 1
On 9/4/2022 at 10:28 PM, suh_fan93 said:

Meh.  You've got a guy (Yant) who put 127 yards on only 13 carries along with a 64 yarder on NW last year but magically he gets a couple if that touches against them this year.  Umkaaaaay.  You've got Rahmir Johnson who put 103 total yards last year on Oklahoma amongst other games and who was our 2nd leading rusher last year who may as well be a ghost now.  Just another NU back on the milk carton now.  

Come to Nebraska because we/SF know how to develop running backs baby!!

Yant is getting benched again this year for the same reasons he did last year. He's not following the play calls, taking the ball backside for no gain when he could have got yardage sticking with the play. He also lacks vision and can't find seams to run through. Grant and Allen are clearly much better backs at this point.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1