Should BOTH Frost and Alberts be replaced?

The Whale

10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Trev Alberts handled last season just fine, and given Scott Frost's contract restructuring you could even say he handled it masterfully. 

Everyone in college football understands that Frost's seat is the hottest in the game, and I don't think many would begrudge Alberts for the way he has played his hand, given the options. 

Agee’s. With last year’s coaching carousel we would not hav had a good pick. If Trev let’s Frost go Oct 1 we’ll have perhaps a more advantageous position when this year’s carousel starts up

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Every team you listed has been in the conference since it was born, or close to. And yes I know that penn stare is relative new Maybe you didn’t get my point, my bad on the articulation. We are NEW to the conference  we do not have the benefit of growing and evolving with it. We have never been successful for more than one season in it.  Therefore in my opinion, we need the cliff notes version of a coach. Someone who doesn’t have to spend a season or three trying to figure out how to play in the climate and the culture. 

A turn key coach 

lol

so if we had been in the big ten for 50 years, it would imbue the program with some magic 'familiarity' power that a coach would become our coach and immediately figure out how to play in the climate and culture?

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, ToThineOwnHuskBeTrue said:

Throwing a name out there: Dana Holgorsen. I think he's primed for another double-digit win season at Houston and would right the ship here. Offensive mind who could crack those B1G West defenses.

Decent option, but I hope we don't pursue anyone else until we make a strong run at acquiring Urban Meyer. If the Urban deal can't be worked out, then move to tier-2 coaches.

I agree with OP that it's time to replace not only Frost, but Trev as well. Now. 

But, we need to do it in a way that gives us an edge, like our strength & conditioning in the 80s & 90s. Something no one has thought of, let alone dreamed of implementing.

With today's advances in Virtual Reality, I don't see why we can't scour old game film and reproduce a VR Bob Devaney to lead the athletic department and a VR Tom Osborne to coach the team. We could fill the entire staff with virtual coaches. Virtual Charlie McBride. Virtual Milt Tenopir. Virtual Boyd Epley. Virtual Ron Brown... err... 

We would save SO MUCH money on salaries. Virtual Tom Osborne won't need millions per year, he'll need to be recharged overnight. Virtual Bob Devaney won't need cases of hootch smuggled up to the press box before each game. And the travel! Five games a year putting coaches up in hotels - NO MORE! That money can be better used in brown paper bags handed out to five-star recruits with five-star hearts. 

Paying to fly coaches to visit recruits? Not Nebraska. We'll ship a copy of the staff in a box. After the "visit," if that box of technology accidentally stays with that recruit, I'm sure that'd be OK with the NCAA.  

OP is a dreamer, but he's not dreaming big enough. I say we stop dreaming of a return the 90s and just recreate them. It's virtually guaranteed to work. ;)

• Haha 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
18 hours ago, The Whale said:

Bottom line, we deserve the best for our state’s #1 entertainment export — and stewards who understand and embrace this.

Volleyball already has the best coach, best facilities, best recruiting and potentially best roster in the country. 

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I agree with OP that it's time to replace not only Frost, but Trev as well. Now. 

But, we need to do it in a way that gives us an edge, like our strength & conditioning in the 80s & 90s. Something no one has thought of, let alone dreamed of implementing.

With today's advances in Virtual Reality, I don't see why we can't scour old game film and reproduce a VR Bob Devaney to lead the athletic department and a VR Tom Osborne to coach the team. We could fill the entire staff with virtual coaches. Virtual Charlie McBride. Virtual Milt Tenopir. Virtual Boyd Epley. Virtual Ron Brown... err... 

We would save SO MUCH money on salaries. Virtual Tom Osborne won't need millions per year, he'll need to be recharged overnight. Virtual Bob Devaney won't need cases of hootch smuggled up to the press box before each game. And the travel! Five games a year putting coaches up in hotels - NO MORE! That money can be better used in brown paper bags handed out to five-star recruits with five-star hearts. 

Paying to fly coaches to visit recruits? Not Nebraska. We'll ship a copy of the staff in a box. After the "visit," if that box of technology accidentally stays with that recruit, I'm sure that'd be OK with the NCAA.  

OP is a dreamer, but he's not dreaming big enough. I say we stop dreaming of a return the 90s and just recreate them. It's virtually guaranteed to work. ;)

And this way we could virtually run the ball down everyone's throat!

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Volleyball already has the best coach, best facilities, best recruiting and potentially best roster in the country. 

This may have been a half-joke, but in the last decade people who find out I'm from Nebraska are just as likely to talk volleyball. They have girls playing at high school and club level and Nebraska is a dream school — they wish their kids were good enough to go to Lincoln. Kids with no ties to Nebraska are buying Nebraska swag. California sports bar had the Nebraska/Wisconsin volleyball game on their big screen last December. Nothing to sneeze at. I'm guessing Lady Huskers are pulling in more NIL coin than the guys at this point. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

The decision to retain frost may kill the sellout streak. Honestly that's the only issue I would have if it happened. I thought frost should have been gone last year but I can't get too upset about how Alberts handled it. I mean he went middle of the road and there were probably more reasons than we know.