Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

41 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

We need some positive news. So who do we think we actually will go after in the portal?  Where is depth or upgrading position units at greatest need? 

I don't expect us to get any big names but some of those linemen could be promising with this staffs development.  I think we will be pretty bad this year and fans are just going to need to accept this is a process. I get it we've heard it before but that coach/staff wasn't qualified. Have faith in this staff.

9 hours ago, chamrocck said:

We need some positive news. So who do we think we actually will go after in the portal?  Where is depth or upgrading position units at greatest need? 

Buckle up, friend. This is going to be a month long affair. Casey Thompson didn’t commit to NU until January last year. 

2 hours ago, Farms said:

Probably should go after that Ernest Haussmann kid.

I liked him but if his head wasn't in it here,  would do more harm than good staying.   Wish the kid good luck at his next stop. 

It's not going to be fun but we need to sit back and watch this burn to the ground... 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I liked him but if his head wasn't in it here,  would do more harm than good staying.   Wish the kid good luck at his next stop. 

It's not going to be fun but we need to sit back and watch this burn to the ground... 

No, we need to re-recruit Hausmann back into the fold.  We do this "so what if you don't want to be here leave" rationalization all the time until we have a roster devoid of talent and depth. 

Maybe he didn't like the way his meeting went with Rhule and didn't want to work but I doubt that.  I'll take a flyer and say he stays which would be one of Rhule's first recruiting coups.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

No, we need to re-recruit Hausmann back into the fold.  We do this "so what if you don't want to be here leave" rationalization all the time until we have a roster devoid of talent and depth. 

Maybe he didn't like the way his meeting went with Rhule and didn't want to work but I doubt that.  I'll take a flyer and say he stays which would be one of Rhule's first recruiting coups.  

I get where you are coming from but this isn't going to be a transition like we are used to.  Fans are going to squawk a lot the first 18-24 months but in the end I believe burning it all the way down and rebuilding is the long term answer.  Don't get me wrong, I hope some players are able to make the transition the right way but anyone on the fence will do more harm than good imo.    

• Plus1 2

I think it's weird when people treat transfers with such a negative light.  Yes, there are kids who are probably never happy in a situation, and aren't mature enough to stick through tough times.  However, that's not the only reason kids transfer.  NU took advantage of the transfer portal and JUCO route to make up their top players on offense.  NU wasn't good in 2022, but think how bad things would have been if it weren't for Thompson, Palmer, Washington, and Grant.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I get where you are coming from but this isn't going to be a transition like we are used to.  Fans are going to squawk a lot the first 18-24 months but in the end I believe burning it all the way down and rebuilding is the long term answer.  Don't get me wrong, I hope some players are able to make the transition the right way but anyone on the fence will do more harm than good imo.    

I won't be one to squawk.  I fully realize this is a rebuild that's going to take years most likely.  But Hausmann is going to be really good and with Rhule's history of developing players and getting them into the league it seems like a potential big loss for Nebraska and Hausmann both.  Hopefully he reconsiders.  From the outside it seems like a shortsighted decision.   

57 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it's weird when people treat transfers with such a negative light.  Yes, there are kids who are probably never happy in a situation, and aren't mature enough to stick through tough times.  However, that's not the only reason kids transfer.  NU took advantage of the transfer portal and JUCO route to make up their top players on offense.  NU wasn't good in 2022, but think how bad things would have been if it weren't for Thompson, Palmer, Washington, and Grant.

You constantly act like people commenting about them being disappointed that a kid leaving is some sort of character flaw.  In any organization, you have people you want to stay.  When they don't, it's perfectly fine to comment that you wish they would stay.  It's also perfectly fine to understand these are going to happen and discuss if you think it's advantageous for that person to leave or not.

It's almost like when a kid announces he's transfering, you're immediate reaction is "Great....good job kid".  And, nobody is then allowed to discuss if that's good for Nebraska or the kid or not.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1