Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

seems like every HC that leaves he brings at least 3 players with him to his next stop.  You could probably factor in another 2 for a position coach or coordinator bringing kids to their new spot.  Think its easier to pick where kids will sign if they are part of a coaching change.  unfortunately for Nebraska most of their coaches have been coaching in the NFL for the last few years and don't have those kids to bring with them.  

3 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I read this as both good and bad for college ball.  I prefer college football to NFL.  The money being tossed around will keep the athletes in college, good thing.   The reason I've always loved college to NFL is because the players were on the same team...because of the money getting tossed around, it's becoming NFL Lite with key players switching teams every year, there's no more continuity..   The benefit for the players, they get paid like they are in the NFL, but can continue to get their degree.  

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, sho said:

I read this as both good and bad for college ball.  I prefer college football to NFL.  The money being tossed around will keep the athletes in college, good thing.   The reason I've always loved college to NFL is because the players were on the same team...because of the money getting tossed around, it's becoming NFL Lite with key players switching teams every year, there's no more continuity..   The benefit for the players, they get paid like they are in the NFL, but can continue to get their degree.  

I fully get why players want this.  I'm all for anyone getting paid to do what they do if they can.

However, as my entertainment, this is a major reason why I have always liked college sports more than the pros.  I deal with contracts and employees and pay all day long every day.  I really get turned off when all those issues leak into what I view as my entertainment.  I get zero entertainment out of pro off seasons with all the trades, contract negotiations...bla bla bla.....  Some people really get into that and that's fine.  To each their own.

It's something I will just have to get used to now in college.  However, I can see myself starting to lean more towards pro sports now simply because at least there, there is some form of organization to it where a player and team are locked into certain details.

For instance, this year, there is absolutely no guarantee any of the players on this year's team that I enjoyed watching are going to be back next year.  Turn that around and look at me watching the Chiefs.  I know pretty much that certain players are locked into contracts, unless there is a trade, for a certain period of time.  And, even then, there's a system put in place for the trade or free agency in certain situations.

College has none of that right now.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

QB: Devin Leary (Nc St)

RB: Nathan Carter (Uconn)

TE: Bell/Stogner (South Carolina) 

WR: Johnson (Iowa), Holden (Alabama) 

OL: Cornelius (Rhode Island)

DL: Elijah Jeudy (A&M)

DB: Devin Neal (Baylor)

Gonna need a couple more D-Lineman.  We may or may not have enough bodies for a 2-deep right now.

29 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

How do we get excited for this when Mathis, arguably much more highly touted, did zero this year?  I guess it's all in conjunction with the new staff's ability to develop and meld the talent.  Our offensive grabs yielded much more than the Defensive side.

Mathis' production was in line with his previous three years. 

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

How do we get excited for this when Mathis, arguably much more highly touted, did zero this year?  I guess it's all in conjunction with the new staff's ability to develop and meld the talent.  Our offensive grabs yielded much more than the Defensive side.

The only way to get excited is knowing the new guys will be coached by someone else.