Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

11 hours ago, Toe said:

Taking the eighteenth best QB in the portal doesn't exactly move the needle much for me...

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/top/football/2023/?position=qb

His star rating is the exact same as Adrian and Casey from last year and barely below Penix. He has a stronger arm and CT and AM, but he is definitely in that same range of QBs that you can win with but won't be superman and carry your team. If Rhule is a good coach he can win with QBs of that caliber. From what I saw of his Baylor teams he has won with worse QBs. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

His star rating is the exact same as Adrian and Casey from last year and barely below Penix. He has a stronger arm and CT and AM, but he is definitely in that same range of QBs that you can win with but won't be superman and carry your team. If Rhule is a good coach he can win with QBs of that caliber. From what I saw of his Baylor teams he has won with worse QBs. 

It what fits his system!

23 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It what fits his system!

Yeah it seems like it, but I watched a lot of Temple and Baylor and I have a hard time pinning down exactly what he wants to run on offense. I dont have a ton of technical knowledge though and its hard to see from just the broadcast view. I'm hoping to see a lot of pistol read option and RPO with some H back and then run a lot of PA off that.  Definitely from the QBs we are going after it seems like at least for the next couple years he wants to use the QB as a running threat a lot. 

• TBH 1
2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah it seems like it, but I watched a lot of Temple and Baylor and I have a hard time pinning down exactly what he wants to run on offense. I dont have a ton of technical knowledge though and its hard to see from just the broadcast view. I'm hoping to see a lot of pistol read option and RPO with some H back and then run a lot of PA off that.  Definitely from the QBs we are going after it seems like at least for the next couple years he wants to use the QB as a running threat a lot. 

I guess I'm confused.  I was under the impression (probably wrong) that we were going to run a more power run offense with a good mix of passing.  I like the idea of dual threat QBs better with an appropriate amount of QB runs and a creative run offense.  Creative run offense was NOT what we had with Whipple.  

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I'm confused.  I was under the impression (probably wrong) that we were going to run a more power run offense with a good mix of passing.  I like the idea of dual threat QBs better with an appropriate amount of QB runs and a creative run offense.  Creative run offense was NOT what we had with Whipple.  

I don't think you are wrong and I think Sims is capable of being that guy.  

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

By they sounds of what we're telling kids on the recruiting trail we'll be running an RPO similar to what he ran @ Baylor. He also doesn't seem to want to limit himself and is willing to adapt and adjust what we run based on who we have and who we'll play. I'm excited to see what it looks like on both sides of the ball.