Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The one injured you can't count bc he was a starter before he got hurt and if I remember correctly he wasn't doing so well while he was out there.  The other 2 fine but I really don't think our o-line is anything special until proven otherwise.  Do you really think that adding a center and a suspended guard are going to change the fortune and they are going to play better this year?  Time will tell.

I believe said injured player was not 100% healthy/getting back into playing form this past season before he went down again. He was playing well the year before and he is a lot better than who they sent out there when he went down.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The one injured you can't count bc he was a starter before he got hurt and if I remember correctly he wasn't doing so well while he was out there.  The other 2 fine but I really don't think our o-line is anything special until proven otherwise.  Do you really think that adding a center and a suspended guard are going to change the fortune and they are going to play better this year?  Time will tell.

I may be in the minority, but Center and Guard were bigger problems than Tackle by the end of last year IMO. So yeah I think adding upgrades there, getting Teddy back, a 2nd year with Raiola to build on, new S&C focus, and a focus of protecting the OL with the playcalling will lead to improvement even without more additions. Still hope we add more guys like Rouse, but there are reasons to expect improvement based solely on what has happened so far.

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

As of right now yes.  Nebraska lacks depth and develop on the o-line.

Really?  So, there's not a new staff of coaches who have coached O line.

There isn't a new HC that's coached O line.

There isn't a new OC who has coached O line.

There isn't a new offensive system that might be more O line friendly.

There isn't a new S&C staff that very well could improve the mobility of the O linemen.

Hmmm...I must have been dreaming the last few months.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
11 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

I believe said injured player was not 100% healthy/getting back into playing form this past season before he went down again. He was playing well the year before and he is a lot better than who they sent out there when he went down.

That's true but my point is that he was still our best option to put him out there bc of the lack of depth.  If there were guys that got developed or were close to his ability then you sit him and let him heal not throw him back to the wolves and hope he survives.

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's true but my point is that he was still our best option to put him out there bc of the lack of depth.  If there were guys that got developed or were close to his ability then you sit him and let him heal not throw him back to the wolves and hope he survives.

I did not see that.  You were complaining about not getting enough portal OL. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

There isn't a new S&C staff that very well could improve the mobility of the O linemen.

Yes that's all true but I'm just going to have to see the improvement first on the field before i believe it.  I think I feel this way bc of the current o-line players.  Not many sufficient changes other then the coaches.  BB and TC are multiple year starters and they really haven't shown improvement.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

None of this matter though, they're all losers 

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes that's all true but I'm just going to have to see the improvement first on the field before i believe it.  I think I feel this way bc of the current o-line players.  Not many sufficient changes other then the coaches.  BB and TC are multiple year starters and they really haven't shown improvement.

There was improvement.  Our biggest issue was lack of agility & foot speed.  We looked like we were wearing concrete shoes.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

But, you admitted there are lots of changes around the program that can affect the O line....after you said there weren't any.

• TBH 1