Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I assume we see a few tight ends hit the portal....also the Georgia kid didn't see any action this year. 

Not true. Didn’t have any catches. Consider who he was also behind. 

played in 10/13 games this year as a reserve TE according to Georgia site 

• TBH 1
19 minutes ago, Decked said:

Not true. Didn’t have any catches. Consider who he was also behind. 

played in 10/13 games this year as a reserve TE according to Georgia site 

fair enough but 0 catches on the year...I know Bowers is the best TE in the country but I like to see production if we are already 9 guys over 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

fair enough but 0 catches on the year...I know Bowers is the best TE in the country but I like to see production if we are already 9 guys over 

Beggars can’t be choosers. We need more dudes. Need the current group to bulk up too. Fidone may never play legit time or ever. Hickman is by all accounts a bust. Carnie is a string bean. Rollins needs to gain more weight. Androff is unproven. Your best returning TE is a walk-on. Didn’t bring anyone in this cycle either but that could happen with the hire of Bob Wager and him offering his high school TE. 

also seem to have struck out with a few other portal TE guys. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

100% agree.  We need someone that can step in and be a day 1 starter.

According to Callahan, the GA tight end has played 116 snaps over 4 years.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

100% agree.  We need someone that can step in and be a day 1 starter.

According to Callahan, the GA tight end has played 116 snaps over 4 years.

IF Fidone can stay healthy I won't worry about the tight ends. Otherwise we are def weak there going into this season 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

IF Fidone can stay healthy I won't worry about the tight ends. Otherwise we are def weak there going into this season 

Fidone hasn't shown he can stay healthy for 2 years, plus there is limited experience from the other guys. I know Fidone's injuries are more freak things, but some guys just tend to have freak things happen to them.  We can't just depend on one TE at that position, especially since Fidone is more of a pass catcher and not a blocker.

• Plus1 1