Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

He was behind arguably the two best TEs in the country. Would have been nice to see some production, but can understand the lack of opportunities.

I believe it was Matt Cassell who never started a game in college because he was behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart then ended up being a starting QB in the NFL.  

According the Callahan, we are hot on the trail of this guy.  3 to play 2.  Played every game on special teams the last 3 years.

"It's more a situation where Georgia is that loaded with talent. He could start and be a difference maker about anywhere he went, according to a Georgia expert."

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

According the Callahan, we are hot on the trail of this guy.  3 to play 2.  Played every game on special teams the last 3 years.

"It's more a situation where Georgia is that loaded with talent. He could start and be a difference maker about anywhere he went, according to a Georgia expert."

I remember a couple reporters saying Rhule wasn’t going to be much of a portal guy and was gonna be all in on just developing guys. “Expect a single digit portal class”. Looks like they will have a few more than that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If they Georgia Bulldog and come to Nebraska I'm up all for that talent !!! :woo

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

I remember a couple reporters saying Rhule wasn’t going to be much of a portal guy and was gonna be all in on just developing guys. “Expect a single digit portal class”. Looks like they will have a few more than that. 

He is going to be a portal guy this year to get immediate help at some positions but will focus mostly on HS prospects starting next year and beyond. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

He is going to be a portal guy this year to get immediate help at some positions but will focus mostly on HS prospects starting next year and beyond. 

I think that will be the case. The portal guys will be different as well. Think you’ll see far less guys with just one year left. 

• Plus1 1