Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

33 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

6'8, 350 with good athleticism according to 247 scouting report

Geeze, 6'8"? I thought we were trying to move away from extra tall linemen like Brant Banks...

Just now, Toe said:

Geeze, 6'8"? I thought we were trying to move away from extra tall linemen like Brant Banks...

Height wasn't the problem there. I'm all for OL help whether it's unproven but talented guys or established starters, but I dunno about Hood. No inside info here, but I see a guy listed at 340+ out of high school transferring after a year and I'm just hoping he's not 380 now. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Toe said:

I don't think we need to shy away from tall guys just because all the tall lineman we've recruited have been terrible because, well, all of the lineman we have recruited have looked terrible.  The last staff just seemed to make height a prerequisite for an offer and I don't think that needs to be the case either.  Our best lineman in the last 5 years was Cam Jurgens who is 6'3.  

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Farms said:

I don't think we need to shy away from tall guys just because all the tall lineman we've recruited have been terrible because, well, all of the lineman we have recruited have looked terrible.  The last staff just seemed to make height a prerequisite for an offer and I don't think that needs to be the case either.  Our best lineman in the last 5 years was Cam Jurgens who is 6'3.  

I am with you.  Not recruiting in linemen because they are tall shouldn't be a philosophy.  Recruiting only linemen of a certain height seemed to hinder the former staff, especially when combined with the former S&C philosophy.  I think there are quality linemen of all heights, and it all depends on how they are developed in partnership with the S&C philosophy.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is this the $13 million dude?

Yes read up on the situation.  Apparently he was originally was supposed to get 5 million for 4 years with his nil deal and then it ballooned up to 13 million and certain people that were funding the deal were not ok with it.  Florida could get handed a lawsuit bc if JR(qb) feels his reputation is damaged then he can take action.

• Haha 1