Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes read up on the situation.  Apparently he was originally was supposed to get 5 million for 4 years with his nil deal and then it ballooned up to 13 million and certain people that were funding the deal were not ok with it.  Florida could get handed a lawsuit bc if JR(qb) feels his reputation is damaged then he can take action.

Meh....I don't think anything will come of that, unless he can prove Florida committed some type of fraud.

There was a QB that went to OSU being told he would get $1 million.  He left very shortly after when he realized he probably wasn't getting it.  (Ewers?). He's now at Texas doing just fine.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Meh....I don't think anything will come of that, unless he can prove Florida committed some type of fraud.

There was a QB that went to OSU being told he would get $1 million.  He left very shortly after when he realized he probably wasn't getting it.  (Ewers?). He's now at Texas doing just fine.

Yeah I don't anything will come from this but I was just going off of what the article said.  Apparently he is already linked to Arizona State and Washington as potential suitors.

3 hours ago, Decked said:

We just gonna take every Georgia player out there or what? 

I mean I would.  Georgia probably has a roster of 3 deep players at every position that all could be starters, unfortunately for them you can't play them all so that's when they decide to look elsewhere.  Im not knocking any of those guys for transferring out bc their are other opportunities out there to start if your not going to start at the school you committed to.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ewers did earn decent $ when he was a redshirt freshman for Ohio State in 2021, but I think the $1 million of NIL promised him was to be earned over the course of a few years.  Then when he knew he could start right away at Texas in 2022, he transferred down there.  Ewers can have a decent year in 2023 and declare for the NFL Draft, or try to get more $ from Texas to keep playing there.  However, Arch Manning is now at Texas, and won't want to sit forever (although I think Arch does need some serious development).

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ewers did earn decent $ when he was a redshirt freshman for Ohio State in 2021, but I think the $1 million of NIL promised him was to be earned over the course of a few years.  Then when he knew he could start right away at Texas in 2022, he transferred down there.  Ewers can have a decent year in 2023 and declare for the NFL Draft, or try to get more $ from Texas to keep playing there.  However, Arch Manning is now at Texas, and won't want to sit forever (although I think Arch does need some serious development).

I thought Ewers left HS before his senior year and then left OSU before his freshman year.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I thought Ewers left HS before his senior year and then left OSU before his freshman year.

Ewers graduated from high school the summer of 2021, so he was able to be enroll at Ohio State, and was on the Ohio State roster and get big NIL $ in the fall of 2021.  He transferred to Texas because he knew he wasn't going to beat out CJ Stroud at Ohio State, and there was a good chance he would win the starting job at Texas (along with NIL $ from Texas).  He will be a redshirt sophomore at Texas in 2023, but since he will be out of high school for 3 years, he would be eligible for the 2024 NFL Draft.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Anything can be overdone....

I know a guy that excessively says "Thank You".  Great guy.  When I first met him I thought, "Wow he's really polite".  Now I just want him to stop.  So is a "Thank You" a bad thing?  If it's overdone it's pretty annoying.

I happen to believe the forum is more for discussion, opinion and debate.  That doesn't mean I'm right, it just means that's my opinion.

If the majority of your already high amount of posts are asking questions, I think it's reasonable for it to be called out.

Thank you.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. 

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:12 AM, gobiggergoredder said:

Anything can be overdone....

I know a guy that excessively says "Thank You".  Great guy.  When I first met him I thought, "Wow he's really polite".  Now I just want him to stop.  So is a "Thank You" a bad thing?  If it's overdone it's pretty annoying.

I happen to believe the forum is more for discussion, opinion and debate.  That doesn't mean I'm right, it just means that's my opinion.

If the majority of your already high amount of posts are asking questions, I think it's reasonable for it to be called out.

Another one that can be over done is "How's it going boss", "What's up boss", Etc. "Boss". Even if I am the boss, I don't want to be constantly addressed as boss. Even saying a person's name over and over gets annoying. Plus, it almost seems disingenuous after a while. 

Like  seasoning. A little goes a long way.  

One thing that can be done is saying the very same things to the the ones repeating it. I've found that (most of the time) they eventually get tired of hearing the things said too which usually translates into fewer occasions of hearing these sort of repetitive communications. 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes Jacob Hood.  A offensive tackle who depending on what recruiting website he was on was a low 4 star and high 3 star.  He weighed 420 pounds in high school.  He decided to lose weight and has gotten down to 350 pounds.  He's also 6'8.  Very intriguing transfer.

Wow!

• Haha 2