Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

Just now, Decked said:

Allen to the portal. Hurts us next year. EJ/the guy they brought in this class are pretty suspect.

I kinda felt like his effort in practice was going to lead up to him transferring but husker fans assured me to think nothing of it.  Sucks bc for me if Grant wasn't going to be the starter he was.  Still not a fan of our running back room with him leaving.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I kinda felt like his effort in practice was going to lead up to him transferring but husker fans assured me to think nothing of it.  Sucks bc for me if Grant wasn't going to be the starter he was.  Still not a fan of our running back room with him leaving.

Allen was in no way close to being the starter. He was behind 3 backs in Johnson, Grant & Ervin. I think it’s Grant at 1A/1B Ervin with Johnson working in at various roles on offense/3rd down. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Decked said:

Allen was in no way close to being the starter. He was behind 3 backs in Johnson, Grant & Ervin. I think it’s Grant at 1A/1B Ervin with Johnson working in at various roles on offense/3rd down. 

Im sorry Ervin and Johnson are really nothing special to me.  Coming into the season I thought that if Grant didn't have it together then Ajay Allen coming off his collarbone injury would but something didn't click obviously.  The coaches that recruited him here are all gone so maybe he just didn't like the coaching style but I don't think this coaching staff style is bad at all.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Im sorry Ervin and Johnson are really nothing special to me.  Coming into the season I thought that if Grant didn't have it together then Ajay Allen coming off his collarbone injury would but something didn't click obviously.  The coaches that recruited him here are all gone so maybe he just didn't like the coaching style but I don't think this coaching staff style is bad at all.

That’s fair but you’re still wrong that if not Grant it was Allen’s to lose. 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Decked said:

Allen to the portal. Hurts us next year. EJ/the guy they brought in this class are pretty suspect.

Luckily RB is an easy position to get a guy from the portal if needed. Also the easiest position to have a freshman be an impact player. Gotta go get a stud this class.

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

We can agree to disagree.  I understand why you feel that Ervin would be line line to start over him bc he is doing everything right practice and off the field but from a pure talent stand point Ajay Allen is a better runner.

There is no disagreement you are just not correct from everything suggested up to this point. Allen was the fourth string back at the spring game. I do however like Allen as a back and think his potential is very good. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Decked said:

There is no disagreement you are just not correct from everything suggested up to this point. Allen was the fourth string back at the spring game. I do however like Allen as a back and think his potential is very good. 

Yes he was the fourth running back in the spring game due to his effort he had given in practice but coming into this season you can't tell me that you didn't look at him as one of our top running backs on the roster.  He was our number 2 rb last year.  Everyone thought he was going to transfer out at the end of the season last year and since he didn't, we all held out hope that he was going to adjust to the style of our current coaches but once you saw he wasn't putting in the effort in practice then you started to question his place in the running back room.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes he was the fourth running back in the spring game due to his effort he had given in practice but coming into this season you can't tell me that you didn't look at him as one of our top running backs on the roster.  He was our number 2 rb last year.  Everyone thought he was going to transfer out at the end of the season last year and since he didn't, we all held out hope that he was going to adjust to the style of our current coaches but once you saw he wasn't putting in the effort in practice then you started to question his place in the running back room.

If the effort isn’t there, then he’s #4.  

There’s a reason the effort wasn’t there, he obviously didn’t want to be here. So, he would have stayed at #4.  

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If the effort isn’t there, then he’s #4.  

There’s a reason the effort wasn’t there, he obviously didn’t want to be here. So, he would have stayed at #4.  

Right I agree but nobody knew his effort wasn't going to be there for spring practices.  Before spring practice even started we all thought he was going to be one of the lead backs and then when the highlight video of the running backs was shown his effort wasn't there then you questioned where is place was going to be.  Like I said earlier it hurts to see him go but others may disagree with that bc of him not doing what he needed to do to succeed for the team bc of his effort this year not last.