Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

1 minute ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

As long as we win, I guess it doesn't matter, but I get the feeling our freshman class and transfer class for 2023 are not going to be ranked very high at all.

I agree, but it's probably not this year either. Rhule likes to find athletes & develop.  There will always be a handful that are under the radar that will drop our rating & piss posters off. :)

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I agree, but it's probably not this year either. Rhule likes to find athletes & develop.  There will always be a handful that are under the radar that will drop our rating & piss posters off. :)

2023 class is "this year's class".

And....correction.  Rhule is going to go out and get the best players he can.  We are in on a number of highly rated players.  The correction is that he is WILLING to go after a not so highly rated player that he thinks he can develop if he needs that player in a position of need.

People act like Rhule is out there only looking at 0 star athletes and plans to build a championship team on recruits that nobody else wants.   That's simply not the case.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
27 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Transfer-Portal-rankings-2023-247Sports-best-players-in-the-portal-initial-rankings-200595367/Amp/ Guess who is number one???? Can you say a former Husker.  Definitely isn't going to get any love from us.

what?!?  A backup is number one?  How can that be?  He'll just go there and get buried on the depth chart.  

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

what?!?  A backup is number one?  How can that be?  He'll just go there and get buried on the depth chart.  

I agree.  I hated to see him leave because I feel he has tremendous upside and he is home-grown.  With that said, NO WAY is he one of top portal guys.  

I am guilty of being frustrated he left, but when you look at it from a standpoint of....... he was a 3* kid on a team where the staff has been accused of not being able to "develop" anyone.   This is why I won't complain when this staff recruits 3* guys with the ability to develop.  If I am mad that a 3* kid left, I shouldn't be mad when we recruit a 3*..... that would be hypocritical. 

3 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Sadly, our "higher rated" classes under Frost never panned out.  Talking about initial rankings, not adjusted.  Highly rated recruits are great, but we have to develop after we get them.  We really didn't and haven't for quite some time.  I think Rhule will recruit to his scheme and trust in his (and staff's) ability to develop.  This doesn't mean that Rhule won't go after 5* guys, but until we start to win, it'll be harder to get those guys here. 

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, lo country said:

Sadly, our "higher rated" classes under Frost never panned out.  Talking about initial rankings, not adjusted.  Highly rated recruits are great, but we have to develop after we get them.  We really didn't and haven't for quite some time.  I think Rhule will recruit to his scheme and trust in his (and staff's) ability to develop.  This doesn't mean that Rhule won't go after 5* guys, but until we start to win, it'll be harder to get those guys here. 

Frost's issue was the lack of development.

• Plus1 1
Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Frost's issue was the lack of development.

Yep.

Frost actually was pretty good at recruiting.  He got the kids here.  But, unfortunately, too many realized they weren't going to be developed like they needed to be and left.

You have to be good at recruiting.  THEN, once the kid is here, he has to remain convinced this is the best place for him. 

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Transfer-Portal-rankings-2023-247Sports-best-players-in-the-portal-initial-rankings-200595367/Amp/ Guess who is number one???? Can you say a former Husker.  Definitely isn't going to get any love from us.

I like Hausman but there is no way he is number 1.  There are so many players in the portal that are more difference makers. Would have liked him to stay and has potential but this is a reach for this article. Clickbait for Husker fans got me. :lol: