Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sub 60% career passer.  Need to improve on that…

60 his second season. 58% the last year. Better coaching/better system in place would help. His TD/int ratio is more concerning. Like the potential. Large build and quick which is good for this style

• Plus1 2

If Matt Rhule can develop him as a QB, then you all deserve the rewards. However, we (Georgia Tech fans) are glad he is gone.

Let me give you the low down…

1. Nice kid, just doesn’t have it between the ears.

2. never progressed a Tech (could be coaching)

3. Geoff Collins gave him veto power on bringing in other QBs that would be competition. You all will call this BS, but it is one of the many “wtf” things we have discovered since Collins has been fired. Oh; Collins takes after Matt Rhule. Collins is probably the reason he is going to Nebraska.

4. Soft doesn’t like to be hit

5. Great Arm strength.

6. Great Speed

7. Horrible foot work

8. Decision making that will have you questioning your insanity. TD/INT ratio. Not very accurate

9. Not a leader

10. Quit on the team this year. He was medically clear to play for weeks and was taking 1 reps in practice and then refused to go in the game verse Miami when it was a one score game. Father even told him to go in the game at the stadium. Brent Key removed him from the team or asked him to step away after that game.

11. Will miss a lot of reads, locks on to a receiver.

12. Him running the RPO is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

If he is your starter next year, I hope he progresses or it will be long and painful year.

3 minutes ago, ZTR5 said:

If Matt Rhule can develop him as a QB, then you all deserve the rewards. However, we (Georgia Tech fans) are glad he is gone.

1. Nice kid

3. Geoff Collins gave him veto power on bringing in other QBs that would be competition. You all will call this BS, but it is one of the many “wtf” things we have discovered since Collins has been fired. Oh; Collins takes after Matt Rhule. Collins is probably the reason he is going to Nebraska.

5. Great Arm

6. Great Speed

7. Horrible foot work

8. Decision making that will have you questioning your insanity. TD/INT ratio. Not very accurate

9. Not a leader

10. Quit on the team this year. He was medically clear to play for weeks and was taking 1 reps in practice and then refused to go in the game verse Miami when it was a one score game. Father even told him to go in the game at the stadium.

If he is your starter next year, I hope he progresses or it will be long and painful.

So pretty much Aiden Martinez before he went to Kansas State gotcha. Joking

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So pretty much Aiden Martinez before he went to Kansas State gotcha. Joking

You will wish you had Aiden Martinez.

I am not kidding. We all couldn’t be happier that he is gone.

If Collins and Rhule weren’t buddies, he wouldn’t be transferring to you all.

15 minutes ago, ZTR5 said:

1. Nice kid

5. Great Arm strength.

6. Great Speed

7. Horrible foot work

9. Not a leader

10. Quit on the team this year. He was medically clear to play for weeks and was taking 1 reps in practice and then refused to go in the game verse Miami when it was a one score game. Father even told him to go in the game at the stadium.

If he is your starter next year, I hope he progresses or it will be long and painful.

Welcome to the board. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Im gonna have to call some BS on #4 though. I watched through a lot of his reps and yall ran him on QB power a pretty good amount and he lowered the shoulder on defenders quite a bit. I definitely agree with him locking on to receivers but I'd say its more rare to find college QBs that dont do that. 

• Plus1 1

To me this is a signal of offense change. We landed 2 qbs in the portal last year to fill out our room with guys that fit the offense. Something tells me Sims may not be the only addition at QB. Think we are going to be bringing in at least 1 more to create competition between guys who actually have the skill set to run this offense.

8 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Welcome to the board. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Im gonna have to call some BS on #4 though. I watched through a lot of his reps and yall ran him on QB power a pretty good amount and he lowered the shoulder on defenders quite a bit. I definitely agree with him locking on to receivers but I'd say its more rare to find college QBs that dont do that. 

I really wish it was BS. I only know of two games where he ran hard - PITT and Duke game this year after Key took over. 

If something clicks between the ears, he can be great, and I hope that happens for him at Nebraska. God knows you all deserve to win some.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I'd rather Thompson and Rioala not feel threatened.  I hope this doesn't cause Thompson to transfer or Rioala not to come here.  Sims seems like a project.

I mean we've already got a full roster of project QBs...

1 hour ago, ZTR5 said:

1. Nice kid, just doesn’t have it between the ears.

5. Great Arm strength.

6. Great Speed

7. Horrible foot work

9. Not a leader

10. Quit on the team this year. He was medically clear to play for weeks and was taking 1 reps in practice and then refused to go in the game verse Miami when it was a one score game. Father even told him to go in the game at the stadium. Brent Key removed him from the team or asked him to step away after that game.

If he is your starter next year, I hope he progresses or it will be long and painful year.

Ok

• Plus1 1