Jump to content

Transfer Portal Targets 2022


Recommended Posts



20 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Auburn has some football players transferring out. Think the coach is going to get fired.

saw he wasn't allowing kids to redshirt unless they had a medical reason.  Either you play or you leave is basically what he said.  I think it said 10 players were leaving from last years recruiting class and that includes 5 of the top guys.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

saw he wasn't allowing kids to redshirt unless they had a medical reason.  Either you play or you leave is basically what he said.  I think it said 10 players were leaving from last years recruiting class and that includes 5 of the top guys.  

That's crazy. No wonder why people are calling for his head. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's crazy. No wonder why people are calling for his head. 

Basically he had kids that were being used on special teams, etc, that didn't have as big of a role as they wanted so they asked to redshirt to preserve a year of eligibility.  I honestly side with the coach on this one.  You signed up to play for Auburn football and are likely getting a free ride to do just that, play football.  It has always been up to coaching staffs when they red shirt or not.  It is likely those kids planned to transfer so didn't want to burn the year but they were still taking that free year of education.  BS entitlement imo.  

  • Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Basically he had kids that were being used on special teams, etc, that didn't have as big of a role as they wanted so they asked to redshirt to preserve a year of eligibility.  I honestly side with the coach on this one.  You signed up to play for Auburn football and are likely getting a free ride to do just that, play football.  It has always been up to coaching staffs when they red shirt or not.  It is likely those kids planned to transfer so didn't want to burn the year but they were still taking that free year of education.  BS entitlement imo.  

True but some kids know that they aren't ready to play. If you as a player don't feel capable of playing to your fullest then why even be out there? I understand its a team driven game but if you feel like you going out there for kick offs and punt run downs is it really worth it. Yes I know the difference if you have your best players out there on them to help the cause but asking true freshmen who still need to grow and build muscle to go out there and hopefully not get hurt is asking for alot. I understand the entitlement factor but some kids just aren't ready and the coach needs to understand that as well.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but some kids know that they aren't ready to play. If you as a player don't feel capable of playing to your fullest then why even be out there? I understand its a team driven game but if you feel like you going out there for kick offs and punt run downs is it really worth it. Yes I know the difference if you have your best players out there on them to help the cause but asking true freshmen who still need to grow and build muscle to go out there and hopefully not get hurt is asking for alot. I understand the entitlement factor but some kids just aren't ready and the coach needs to understand that as well.

When they are "ready" is up to the coach.  18 year old kids take that 6 figure education in exchange to play the game.  It is really pretty simple-  Refuse to play, lose the scholarship.

 

These kids weren't worried about their muscle development...smh.  They were trying to work the system because they are unhappy with the teams results and their role on the team.     

Link to comment

7 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

When they are "ready" is up to the coach.  18 year old kids take that 6 figure education in exchange to play the game.  It is really pretty simple-  Refuse to play, lose the scholarship.

 

These kids weren't worried about their muscle development...smh.  They were trying to work the system because they are unhappy with the teams results and their role on the team.     

Ok im just saying look at the support the coach isn't getting right now. The coach isn't even fired yet and people are talking about Deion Sanders being the next coach. I don't feel that kids decide to sit just bc the team is losing. But in the end Auburn will fire the coach and the university depending who they hire will bring good recruits in. If Auburn does decide to hire Deion watch out.

Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

When they are "ready" is up to the coach.  18 year old kids take that 6 figure education in exchange to play the game.  It is really pretty simple-  Refuse to play, lose the scholarship.

 

These kids weren't worried about their muscle development...smh.  They were trying to work the system because they are unhappy with the teams results and their role on the team.     

I think the other side of this is that it's the coaches job to convince the kids that his plan for them will work. Obviously some kids are just impossible to reach but good coaches can get more buy in. 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...