Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

2 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah it seems like it, but I watched a lot of Temple and Baylor and I have a hard time pinning down exactly what he wants to run on offense. I dont have a ton of technical knowledge though and its hard to see from just the broadcast view. I'm hoping to see a lot of pistol read option and RPO with some H back and then run a lot of PA off that.  Definitely from the QBs we are going after it seems like at least for the next couple years he wants to use the QB as a running threat a lot. 

From what I remember (and I am both a TCU and Baylor fan) that has seen a lot of games, you are pretty much spot on.  

Rhule wants first downs and if they have 2 plays to get 3 yards, he likes a big strong QB to move the LOS forward.... with a heavy H-Back pushing him forward.  Move the chains.  He also likes speed at wideout to stretch the field on pass plays, but also it helps the run game outside.  RPO, play action, throwing deep balls downfield with speed.  Playing the TOP game IF and WHEN needed.  Knows you need to run the ball inside the 20 for success (touchdowns).  And most importantly, he is engaged in the whole thing (headset), even though he isn't calling the plays.  And finally, he always seemed to me like he was thinking 2 plays ahead of the game. 

I am curious on what he can do with our squad.  His importance on OL and DL are paramount (with speed skill players).  I think he has he has a lot of work to do for next season.

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, PattyG said:

By they sounds of what we're telling kids on the recruiting trail we'll be running an RPO similar to what he ran @ Baylor. He also doesn't seem to want to limit himself and is willing to adapt and adjust what we run based on who we have and who we'll play. I'm excited to see what it looks like on both sides of the ball.

I think of one word for both sides of the ball -- Aggressive.  I think that one word describes what Rhule's game time coaching philosophy is all about.   No more sit back and respond D. On O he won't be afraid to take long shots down the field, running the QB,  use WRs as runners etc.  I think we'll average much more than 21 points per game - which I think was Frost's ave in 2021.   Another word: Explosive - on both sides of the ball.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.  The spring game should be interesting. 

• Plus1 1