Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I think I posted the dates awhile back.  If someone wants immediate eligibility, they have to enter by May 11th.  Im just saying there is nothing right now.   It might be a week before we start see a lot of activity.

This is correct. It is however going to be the Wild West. 

25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't know that there is any preexisting connection.  But the Georgia On3 guys said we've made contact.

Looks like he is an interior guy?

sounds like he is now 6’5 & 300 but was playing center this spring. Got hurt last spring and didn’t see the field this past year. 

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Don't count on that.  Those guys are extremely rare in the portal....especially this late.

Rhule should be doing everything possible to improve the team.  The OL has been garbage for the past couple years, and we are basically rolling the same guys out again and crossing our fingers that S&C/coaching will improve them.

These guys are currently in the portal and all started 10+ games last year:

Emmanuel Pregnon Wyoming

Cam'Ron Johnson Houston

Matthew Wykoff A&M

Lyndell Hudson FIU

Jaden Muskrat Tulsa

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/TransferPortalTop/?positiongroupkey=4&status=uncommitted

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Rhule should be doing everything possible to improve the team.  The OL has been garbage for the past couple years, and we are basically rolling the same guys out again and crossing our fingers that S&C/coaching will improve them.

These guys are currently in the portal and all started 10+ games last year:

Emmanuel Pregnon Wyoming

Cam'Ron Johnson Houston

Matthew Wykoff A&M

Lyndell Hudson FIU

Jaden Muskrat Tulsa

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/TransferPortalTop/?positiongroupkey=4&status=uncommitted

I said absolutely nothing to indicate that I don't expect Rhule to do everything to improve the team.  If there's a quality O lineman that is available and an upgrade to what we have, I expect that he will try to get him,

I'm saying, those guys are very rare.  Just because someone started a bunch of games, doesn't mean they are an upgrade to what we have.  Should some other team consider Benhart an upgrade just because he started a bunch of games last year? (if he were to enter the portal)

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I said absolutely nothing to indicate that I don't expect Rhule to do everything to improve the team.  If there's a quality O lineman that is available and an upgrade to what we have, I expect that he will try to get him,

I'm saying, those guys are very rare.  Just because someone started a bunch of games, doesn't mean they are an upgrade to what we have.  Should some other team consider Benhart an upgrade just because he started a bunch of games last year? (if he were to enter the portal)

My man!  Well said!  That is exactly how I feel about transfer portal prospects. 

But will add (with a grain of salt) that some players do need new scenery and to hear a new voice (coach) to become the player they wanted to be.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I mean ... It's very likely that 60% of this years starters didn't start/barely played last year.  Possibly 80%.

Not exactly "rolling the same guys out again."

• TBH 1