Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

9 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Has anybody questioned why HC Matt Rhule hasn't added more transfer to the team after the spring?  Yes I know the roster was over the 85 scholarship limit and guys have left but do you think it's bc of that reason or bc HC Matt Rhule is confident with the team he has and doesn't really want to add guys to not be loyal to them?  There are post spring transfers that can help like Barrett Miller.  I know there isn't any guarantee's that just bc you add players they bring automatic success but you don't know unless you add them.

Rhule wants to develop this team through 4 year guys not portal players. We already took a lot pre spring and the portal this cycle was not near as deep as everyone thought either. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

From what I heard all he has done since having his weight higher at Georgia is continually losing weight.  Heard he started at 360 pounds and has continued to lose it off.

You continue to beat the Jacob Hood drum?  I am not saying he won't ever be good at NU, but you still seem upset that the coaches aren't counting on him to play in 2023.

Your post above shows why he isn't going to play this year.  He stated at 360.  That means he had at least 50-60 pounds of fat to lose, and who knows how much muscle he really had under all that fat.  I would expect him to be a full year of body transformation before he can be counted on to provide any depth.  So, that means the 2024 season.

• Plus1 2

29 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NU was 4-8 last season.  Were you expecting the team to suddenly look impressive after 14 Spring practices?

We would usually have like 10 practices before our first game and at the freshmen level those 10 practices were probably more like 5 practices.

The first game was always a riot!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's what I figured but the team didn't look all that impressive during the spring game.

I think that makes sense given the past record of the team and overall talent. You get 6 wins this year and you did fine. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Decked said:

I think that makes sense given the past record of the team and overall talent. You get 6 wins this year and you did fine. 

I am consistently amazed when people continually say "we aren't that bad" when the program has averaged 4 wins over the past 6 years.  The team has been very, very, very bad.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NU was 4-8 last season.  Were you expecting the team to suddenly look impressive after 14 Spring practices?

My expectation for the spring game was that the Red's or White offense would generate more points then 21 or 7.  Yes I understand HC Matt Rhule wants to develop guys and that is a key to getting better but also the talent level of the team is just as important.  

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am consistently amazed when people continually say "we aren't that bad" when the program has averaged 4 wins over the past 6 years.  The team has been very, very, very bad.

The silver lining is that the Big Ten West is bad with horrible offenses which means (most of the time) a lot of close games with a chance to win.

• TBH 1

35 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

My expectation for the spring game was that the Red's or White offense would generate more points then 21 or 7.  Yes I understand HC Matt Rhule wants to develop guys and that is a key to getting better but also the talent level of the team is just as important.  

So you were expecting our defense to suck? It was a spring scrimmage….

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
31 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No not at all.  I would say the defense is ahead of the offense just felt the offense would generate more points.

If the only offense you saw all spring was the one you are going to face I would expect the offense to not perform well against the defense 

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

When I see posts like this it really shows how much NU has lost the past 6 seasons not goig bowling.  Not saying it would have made a difference under Frost and Co (nothing I saw showed the staff could coach), but the 5 years guys have missed between 50-60 practices...That's a crap ton of football our guys have missed.  That's about 2-2.5 seasons worth of extra practices...Bowling is the key to start making some moves IMHO.  Bowl or bust in 2024.  *Not saying no bowl Rhule needs to go, but it will be a HUGE positive in every facet of NU football.

• Plus1 1