Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Word of advice, never, ever put any stock into a Spring game performance. It has no bearing on how the actual season will play out. 

So I have done like 20 of these as a coach, the old "Soap scrimmage" and NOTHING is legit, it is all scripted.  

34 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Word of advice, never, ever put any stock into a Spring game performance. It has no bearing on how the actual season will play out. 

I would say it kinda does in the sense you get a idea of how the team is going to perform.  Yes I understand there are a ton of practices from the end of the spring till they play but you get a idea of who is so called going to stand out.  You and I can say that we have a lot more questions about who is going to shine on offense then the defense just by watching the spring game.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I would say it kinda does in the sense you get a idea of how the team is going to perform.  Yes I understand there are a ton of practices from the end of the spring till they play but you get a idea of who is so called going to stand out.  You and I can say that we have a lot more questions about who is going to shine on offense then the defense just by watching the spring game.

I will admit that I didn’t even watch the Spring game. I had other stuff going on that day, and I heard some things about it, but decided it wasn’t worth my time to watch any of it after the fact.  That’s how little I think of another spring practice. The only reason people get hyped up about it is that they allow 70,000 NU fans to watch it.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12/18/2022 at 10:26 PM, ZTR5 said:

If Matt Rhule can develop him as a QB, then you all deserve the rewards. However, we (Georgia Tech fans) are glad he is gone.

Let me give you the low down…

1. Nice kid, just doesn’t have it between the ears.

2. never progressed a Tech (could be coaching)

3. Geoff Collins gave him veto power on bringing in other QBs that would be competition. You all will call this BS, but it is one of the many “wtf” things we have discovered since Collins has been fired. Oh; Collins takes after Matt Rhule. Collins is probably the reason he is going to Nebraska.

4. Soft doesn’t like to be hit

5. Great Arm strength.

6. Great Speed

7. Horrible foot work

8. Decision making that will have you questioning your insanity. TD/INT ratio. Not very accurate

9. Not a leader

10. Quit on the team this year. He was medically clear to play for weeks and was taking 1 reps in practice and then refused to go in the game verse Miami when it was a one score game. Father even told him to go in the game at the stadium. Brent Key removed him from the team or asked him to step away after that game.

11. Will miss a lot of reads, locks on to a receiver.

12. Him running the RPO is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

If he is your starter next year, I hope he progresses or it will be long and painful year.

I tried to warn you all. He looks like the same QB from his freshman year; eventually, he will stop taking those hits.