Putting pictures into a post

Hagg

I'm having trouble embedding pictures from a web page into a post here (in the Political Cartoons section).  They come out as a link to the picture instead of showing the picture as others here are doing in their posts.  I tried using the "link" button and also tried not using it, and tried copying the picture directly.  Only thing I have not tried is downloading the cartoon pic to my hard drive then uploading it to here;  is that necessary?  I'd rather not do that. 

Any instruk sheeonies would be appreciated.  :D

1 hour ago, Hagg said:

I'm having trouble embedding pictures from a web page into a post here (in the Political Cartoons section).  They come out as a link to the picture instead of showing the picture as others here are doing in their posts.  I tried using the "link" button and also tried not using it, and tried copying the picture directly.  Only thing I have not tried is downloading the cartoon pic to my hard drive then uploading it to here;  is that necessary?  I'd rather not do that. 

Any instruk sheeonies would be appreciated.  :D

I'm on desktop most of the time.  I can pretty much always right-click on the image I want, choose "Copy image address" then paste that into a post.  It resolves as the image and away I go.

That's not quite as easy on other devices.  What are you using most of the time?

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm on desktop most of the time.  I can pretty much always right-click on the image I want, choose "Copy image address" then paste that into a post.  It resolves as the image and away I go.

That's not quite as easy on other devices.  What are you using most of the time?

He's trying to post comics from the Go Comics website. It's not as simple as the "Copy image address" because that's not an option on there

I'm not sure how to get around that

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, GSG said:

He's trying to post comics from the Go Comics website. It's not as simple as the "Copy image address" because that's not an option on there

I'm not sure how to get around that

Yeppers.  It appears that the images I'm wanting to post are copyright protected at that site and protected by disallowing that right click ability.  I don't want to mess with that out of respect for the artists and the site's (assumed) reasoning.  I suppose I could "view source" and find the image and fanagul a way to do it.. but I'll move to other sites that don't have those restrictions. 

Related question?

I'm no longer able to attach ANY image to a post. I always get the window File Size Too Large, even if it's a super small file like I've uploaded many times before. I am also unable to access library content in the same way (too long to explain, but irritating). Both of these have been going on for over a year, making me wonder if there was some sort of generic update that I missed.

I access the board mostly from my Apple laptop. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Related question?

I'm no longer able to attach ANY image to a post. I always get the window File Size Too Large, even if it's a super small file like I've uploaded many times before. I am also unable to access library content in the same way (too long to explain, but irritating). Both of these have been going on for over a year, making me wonder if there was some sort of generic update that I missed.

I access the board mostly from my Apple laptop. 

Probably an obvious question but are you using all your space quota?

27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is there a cumulative space quota just for uploads to HB?

Historically I haven't posted many images and almost no videos, but if there's a setting let me know and I'll check it out. Thanks.

If you are "attaching" them then yes.

Under your account drop-down in the top right corner there is a My Attachments page.  It has your usage in a big bar graph right at the top.