If SF does get fired what is legacy at Nebraska

3 minutes ago, Pasadena Husker said:

I'll always remember 3 things about scott during his time at Nebraska

1. hiding in the closet while Kate McEwen was dragged down the stairs and had her head slammed into a mailbox

2.  chewing tobacco during press conferences

3  rumored marriage infidelity

What are you a iowa fan,  Jesus.   We should remember that he really wanted to be here and he was willing to uproot his comfy life to come here.  Where he knew he was going to get his d!(k kicked in by us fans by the way.  If you look at his original press conference when he was hired,  someone asked him about expectations and you can see him smirk.  He knew, what the expectation was here, he knew if he didnt succeed he would be shown the door.  And soon he will be.  The oklahoma game is the only thing that can save him.  The Only Thing.

Personally I can separate the SF player legacy from the coaching legacy. And I feel confident that SF really did the best job he thought he could do. I'm not going to fault him for that, even if the results were remarkably underwhelming.

I don't think even an Oklahoma win can save him at this point (unless he miraculously kept his job and somehow managed to compete for a division title, which... not likely at this point). So, I think it's probably fair to go ahead and say 'best of luck' and hope he finds a good opportunity elsewhere. I really wanted it to work out for him here but, for whatever reason, it didn't. It really sucks.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

I don’t blame the lack of success of coach Frost. He gave up UCF to try and come and save us when I’m still uncertain if he really wanted to come but he did so anyways because he knew how badly we needed it.

On paper this was a grand slam hire at the time. Unfortunately it didn’t work out. I still wonder if things would’ve been different if not for that lightning cancelation vs Akron.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

So, the last time I saw Scott Frost play was in Seattle, my ears are still ringing, it was so loud. Ahman, Joel, and Scott were all over 100y rushing on the day. Well, until Scott decided to embarrass himself, his coach, his team, and his school. This guy, this guy, he freaking takes a knee 4 yards deep and drops his total below a 100. Sure we won but it felt meaningless. I can't imagine that I'll miss the Sanford transfer qb any more than I'll miss him as head coach.

/s

3 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

As I said elsewhere, I'm just burning this and the past four seasons out of my mind.

The skid mark in our proverbial underwear that is the frost era will linger past these 5 year unfortunately. What little pride and respect that was remaining in our beloved brand is completely gone at this point.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1