If SF does get fired what is legacy at Nebraska

15 hours ago, Pasadena Husker said:

1. hiding in the closet while Kate McEwen was dragged down the stairs and had her head slammed into a mailbox

Stop spreading misinformation.

Police said Phillips broke into the apartment of transfer quarterback Scott Frost and attacked McEwen with his hands. Frost and another man managed to get Phillips away from McEwen after she had been dragged down a flight of stairs.

https://apnews.com/article/fed5f0baefbb5dea6b1774247177e220

There were three people in that apartment. McEwen testified that Frost helped her. Frost didn't claim he hid in a closet. That leaves this story to come from person #3, the guy who climbed to a third-floor balcony and assaulted a woman.

Maybe don't believe that guy's account of what went down.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:15 PM, knapplc said:

He became the QB at a time when winning at the highest level had been ingrained into the culture of the program so long that it became the norm, and he perpetuated that norm.

He became the coach at a time when losing had been ingrained into the culture of the program so long that it became the norm, and he perpetuated that norm.

It's a bit complicated.

Lacked experience and seasoning as a head coach. Underestimated what is required in the Big 10 conference. The system he came in with wasn’t going to be effective. In hindsight he might’ve approached it differently. His loyalties to his friends further complicated him from having success. At least keeping them until it became a futile effort.

There’s a saying of the last impression being the lasting impression. Generally that’s true. It likely won’t be that way for Scott. He walked into a dire situation. Most will view him as tough, competitive athlete with a lot of determination. He was a pretty awful head coach that couldn’t put it together to be successful in turning around the program. Someone who may have squandered his opportunity to some extent. 

I’d say that’s close.

• TBH 1
On 9/15/2022 at 11:40 AM, Huskerfollower4life said:

With all these rumors of things about Scott Frost behind the scenes how long do you think Scott Frost comes back to support Nebraska??? Me personally I think it takes him along time to actually come back here with all the gossip about him. Who know's we might never see him in this great state again.

I was wondering about that myself.  I was also thinking - what do you do on the day OU comes to down.  The biggest game perhaps from his perspective going into the season.  Do you watch it on TV, do you go golf, or do you get as far away from Lincoln as you possibly can??   He has the $$s to spend a couple of months in Italy if he wants to - just to get a way.  It isn't like he can walk around Lincoln in disguise like Urb Meyer said he did.  

• TBH 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:15 PM, knapplc said:

He became the QB at a time when winning at the highest level had been ingrained into the culture of the program so long that it became the norm, and he perpetuated that norm.

He became the coach at a time when losing had been ingrained into the culture of the program so long that it became the norm, and he perpetuated that norm.

It’s a bit complicated.

What you need is a building culture somewhere between the two in order to transition. I think that’s a big part of the challenge. Players struggle to make the connection. What does walking out onto the field convinced that you’re winners do when you’re not there yet? Fans have an understanding of it here. The players don’t. They haven’t experienced it (yet). 

You don’t go from planting to harvest. There’s a whole host of things required in between. It’s an ongoing infinite cycle. Success requires even more mental fortitude after having attained higher levels of success. 

We were good for so long that we’ve forgotten much of what’s necessary to get into a competitive rhythm. 

From my perspective, Scott was a player that made things happen on his own. Determination was a big part of his identity. He was confident in saying that the league would “adjust to us”.

What you really need to do though is have a message that incorporates where we are now and what we want to experience. Adjusting, adapting, improving individually and excelling collectively with no end in mind. The cycle gains momentum and is more rhythmic. 

48 quarters and another season of quarters one after another! And keep feeding the culture so that it thrives and flourishes. 

No coach can do it on his own. There has to be trust throughout the group. And everyone has to be contributing as Mickey said “Pulling on the rope” together. 

• TBH 1

Frost's legacy will be mixed for sure. As a player he had success, but my guess is that recency bias will not fare well for his legacy.  He took the program to historically new lows and is easily was the worst head coach in 70-plus years.  The amount of damage he inflicted on the program is to be determined, but if some of the discussion about being late to practice and missing recruiting visits is true, that only tarnishes his legacy further and undermines the argument that he fought hard to make things work.  

Its funny to me after watching K-State beat Oklahoma with Adrian Martinez playing his best game ever as a college player. Alot of Husker Fans definitely are throwing shade at SF. His legacy is that he was to loyal to his UCF coaches and he didn't bring enough hogs to protect his star qb. I think that with all this animosity towards SF he might never come back here. I respect what he did as a player but hopefully he goes to Alabama to learn not to do a onside kick while your team is fighting for wins. Hopefully he gets a chance to become a head coach later in life.

• Oh Yeah! 1

personally, I’ll watch Frost the player over and over again on YouTube. That Frost was a baller, hitter, competitor, nasty SOB. I was 1 yr younger than him in college so it was “just watch this happen” in my younger days. He brought us so many wins and so much glory, and a Natty. He earned his glory and gave his guts. 

as a coach, his record is terrible and he needed to be let go. Damn he was so close. So many losses that coulda been wins. I can absolutely love him and Ahman as my 2 favorite players ever, but separate him as a coach here. His legacy to me is set in stone. Winner player. Losing coach. It’s not that hard. 

he’s a legend if you watched/grew up when he played.