If SF does get fired what is legacy at Nebraska

A case can be made Frost was the best all around fb player Neb ever had.  He likely could have played at any position in college, perhaps would have struggled most at CB.  He’d been a pretty good I back, Full back (yes we could use one of those tomorrow), TE, any LB, O line.  Not a super speedy WR but he could of been Ok there.  Probably could kick decent.  

Pound for pound, one of the strongest Huskers too.  

He could have started for ANY Neb team at multiple spots.  Not many others I can think of were like that imo.  

22 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

One was maintaining glory but a stupid athletic director thought he knew better and look how that has turned out

Funny thing is that stupid athletic director isn't even a athletic director anymore. There is an article online how he ruined 2 programs not just ours. That is an truly epic accomplishment!!!! Thanks Steve Pederson for setting back Nebraska.

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Funny thing is that stupid athletic director isn't even a athletic director anymore. There is an article online how he ruined 2 programs not just ours. That is an truly epic accomplishment!!!! Thanks Steve Pederson for setting back Nebraska.

He had plenty of help along the way in Harvey Perlman.

Nice read for the day: https://dennispcrawford.medium.com/this-is-a-piece-i-wrote-after-last-years-purdue-debacle-11cec1d47c2a

• Plus1 1

I think a pretty interesting question is what happens to frost after he's gone.

Solich's legacy isn't failing to maintain NU, he's been vindicated and he deserves a statue for his job at Ohio. Hope he comes home to get honored during a TV timeout eventually, maybe it breaks the curse lol.

Scott is a likely candidate to hunt elk for a year or two, wash his reputation under Saban/Napier/Dabo and return as a G5 HC. I could see him running a solid program somewhere with rich recruiting ground and no media using lessons learned. Think Texas State/ Florida Atlantic/ Troy (lol)/ Eastern Carolina. Easy to recruit and low pressure. 

Real question is who makes the 12-team playoff first? Nebraska by clawing through the new-look big ten or Scott by going 11-1 in the Sun Belt?

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

This is my believe and I may be the only person but I just feel that he will turn it around. I don't know I haven't lost hope yet. 

What will it take for you to lose faith? I respect that you feel that way, just interested in your perspective. Personally the loss in Boulder did it for me.

23 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Plus, I have a suspicion that he'll go on and have a lot of success elsewhere which will hopefully show us all that the problem wasn't Frost, it was Frost at Nebraska that didn't work for whatever spooky reason.

Bill Callahan went back to the NFL and became a well-respected offensive line coach. I can see something similar for Frost. Neither means that the problem was Nebraska, it's that the position of Head Coach is a very challenging skillset and calling. It's not really spooky, it's pretty common across the game.

Solich went on to HC success, albeit at a lower-pressure school. Bo Pelini went on to Youngstown State and LSU to prove that Bo Pelini could be a problem at any school. Mike Riley might be communing with squirrels in Canada. Nobody really knows. 

Not sure why a Husker coach being successful elsewhere would make you "hopeful" as a Nebraska fan. 

• Fire 1
50 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but will Nebraska fans remember him more for what he accomplished has a player or his failure's as a coach??? That's the real question

I will remember both.  His legacy will always have the "but" attached to it.  He was a very good player, and a leader who won a NC, BUT, he also failed miserably when he came back to coach the team.

47 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

What will it take for you to lose faith? I respect that you feel that way, just interested in your perspective. Personally the loss in Boulder did it for me.

Im riding and dying with Scott Frost till it's official over. It's like the Titanic go down with the ship or try and get into a rescue boat. I'm going down with the ship until it can't float anymore.

• Haha 1