*** Official Georgia Southern Game Thread ***

Mavric

41 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I turned 35 today.  I was born in Columbus, Ohio...where college football around Buckeye fans is hell every year.  I'm a die hard, loyal Husker fan as long as I can remember.  

I signed up to pour my heart out.  It will get trolled mercilessly, I'm sure...but at this point, for the first time as a fan, I don't want to watch them play again.  This program is tired, patched together, and down right not worth the time.  

The reason I'm such a loyal fan was because of my father.  He passed unexpectedly less than a month ago on August 18 @ 3:30 PM.  I was so excited to watch games with him this season, clinging to what must have been a single dental floss worth of a thread of hope.  I think it's time for me to step away from this program as a fan to reflect on more important things.  This product isn't worth my time anymore.  Not anytime soon this year, at least.

I'm deeply sorry about your father. At least both of you once shared some fun memories in your childhood.

22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I mean........it was an exciting game. 

Yep…..As bad as we do suck, all these one score games (losses) are more fun to watch than the Riley or Callahan years and for sure better than anything Iowa fan is regularly subjected to. I really feel that way. Sad but true.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

I don't understand why Scott Frost always says I certainly got to go look at tape from the game to see why the defense gave up so many big plays. Clearly you were on the field and clearly it was so obvious that poor tackling and not having gap containment put you in a great spot to compete next week. No need to watch tape you know why already and so do Husker fans as well and they aren't even coaches.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't understand why Scott Frost always says I certainly got to go look at tape from the game to see why the defense gave up so many big plays. Clearly you were on the field and clearly it was so obvious that poor tackling and not having gap containment put you in a great spot to compete next week. No need to watch tape you know why already and so do Husker fans as well and they aren't even coaches.

Plus also bc you know your defensive coordinator isn't good and so are the players.

I feel the pain of Husker fans.  Georgia Southern is a proud program without the millions of dollars P5 schools have and our geography has us in the middle of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Clemson, South Carolina, and Tennessee.  The past 5 years have been suckville and we're used to winning championships and teams fearing us.  We won 6 I-AA/FCS NC and lost 2 in our first 16 seasons and had 2 separate runs of 39-0 at home.  We were the first D1 football program to go 15-0 in the 20th century when we did it in 1989.

I have long been a fan of the Cornhuskers from the Osborne Days and it was a thrill to finally attend the game in Lincoln.  You're right, B1G schools shouldn't lose to Sunbelt schools, but it happens.  In 2011, our option put up more yards and points on Alabama than anyone else on their schedule that NC year.  I promise nobody wants to play North Dakota State.  I've wondered for years why Nebraska hasn't been better.  You've got plenty of money and fan support.  Is it recruiting?  IDK

Your message board comments look exactly like ours the last several years.  Don't ever lose the "we're supposed to win" mentality as a fan base.  I love it that mediocrity is not acceptable for Big Red.  I'm pleased with what I've seen so far from the Eagles but I still don't know how we'll do in conference play.  The Sunbelt (I know P5 fans don't pay attention) has become the best G5 conference because we have a tigther geography made of schools that really care about football and baseball.  Basketball is an afterthought.  Marshall, App State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Old Dominion, and James Madison are the East Division which is as competitive as any division in any conference. 

I'll continue routing for Big Red and want to than the fan base in general for the class and hospitality they showed to us visitors.