Should Erik Chinander be fired midseason

Jeesh.  It’s obvious and has been for some time that our DC is not up to the task.  He set (another) negative record for us by losing the GS game to that score:  We had so many points scored on us that our 214 - 0 record of home wins when our offense scored 35 or more was stopped.  214 - 1 now, thanks to him and his version of "Blackshirts".  They reamed us for so many yards that the Nebraska stat guy in the booth threw his pencil down and put his face in his hands and murmured, "It’s f*****g Georgia Southern!"

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What possible motive could there be for wanting the nightmare to continue?

I was thinking about this last night while at the game. I was literally considering, assuming we eek out a win here against GSo, and, hell, let's pipe dream that we get the upset of the century against OU next week, what does that really change? This team is not good. It doesn't play with any passion or physicality. It doesn't play with any intelligence.  Even if we eek out 7+ wins this season, do I really want to continue to watch Scott lead this type of team year in and year out? Do I really believe he is on his way to top tier, toe to toe, chess match coaching against the Nick Sabans of the world? No.. Not even close. What am I hoping for with Scott at the helm?  My answer was not much. I'm heartbroken over this failure. I'm even more heartbroken that Scott knew he wasn't equipped to lead this program from day 1. He never wanted to come here for the state because I truly believe he knew deep in the depths of his soul he didn't have the coaching chops go toe to toe with the big boys. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I love that people are still trying to do the math of what it would take to keep Frost.

What possible motive could there be for wanting the nightmare to continue?

Love how you've been a cynical jerk for a long time now. It's super fun.

I wish it would have worked out for Frost. Former player and native son, it would have been a hell of a story to bring this program back. I'm always an optimist for the Huskers, even if it's a snowballs chance in hell, and I'd rather we have some kind of miraculous turnaround this season than suffer through 9 more a$$ kickings.

• Fire 2

38 minutes ago, Torgan said:

Coach Chin's should have never been hired.  So yes, he should be let go.

Well coach Chin's days as a defensive coordinator are numbered. Not just here but in general can't see any program would want to bring him on as a defensive coordinator after giving up that many yards. You can say that he didn't have the players to be great but he was never great not even when UCF went undefeated. Good luck to him and wherever he lands.

If he is still the defensive coordinator by Monday that will just be a sign that he is staying until Frost is gone and Frost knows he is gone. If Frost felt he had any chance at all in returning next year or really turning this season around he would fire Chinander by Monday. This guy hasn't been that great his entire time here. Last year was the first time the defense looked alright, but even then it wasn't amazing. We still played 5 yards off WR's and just run a slant in the middle on us and it's pitch and catch every time. Last year we just had a way better defensive line.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well coach Chin's days as a defensive coordinator are numbered. Not just here but in general can't see any program would want to bring him on as a defensive coordinator after giving up that many yards. You can say that he didn't have the players to be great but he was never great not even when UCF went undefeated. Good luck to him and wherever he lands.

He may not have had the players to be great, but that’s on him and his staff and he certainly had the players to be above average 

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

So what is the problem from last year?  Was losing Damion Daniels, Jojo, and Bootle that devastating?  Is Chin trying ton scheme to coverup a flaw in our personnel?    

DD and Jojo were perfect players to cover up the numerous f#&% ups and missed assignments.  Their individual efforts(especially Jojo) made that defense appear better than it really was. 

DD should not have declared, but did not blame him one bit for seeing the light and running for the hills.

• Plus1 1