Georgia Southern - What did we Learn?

TGHusker

Not a single person on this blog truly believed that Frost can turn things around after what we saw last year. The first game confirmed that. So, no one is surprised with the outcome today. What is demoralizing is that we have to endure Frost and Chin this year even though we could have started fresh this year with a new coach. At this point, any FBS coach is better than Frost.

• Plus1 1

I guess it’s the drugs I took at the end of the 3rd quarter, but Im ok with this. I thought there’s was some good things that happened on defense in the second half. Maybe a light turned on?  Stupid I know. 

I don’t want a new coach. It’s like I have a morbid curiosity to see how many one score losses a team can have. At the very least it’s entertaining.   GBR!

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
14 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Oklahoma is Frost’s last game as head coach.

I think you’re right. The move will be made to terminate him Oct 1 and MJ will immediately be inserted as the interim for the Indiana game. Then we just let it ride. If he gets us to a bowl, then you’ve got to consider him as either HC material or at least make a deal with the new HC to keep him on board.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

Not a single person on this blog truly believed that Frost can turn things around after what we saw last year. The first game confirmed that. So, no one is surprised with the outcome today. What is demoralizing is that we have to endure Frost and Chin this year even though we could have started fresh this year with a new coach. At this point, any FBS coach is better than Frost.

I saw a very good team last year. This defense is trash. Offense is very good. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I guess it’s the drugs I took at the end of the 3rd quarter, but Im ok with this. I thought there’s was some good things that happened on defense in the second half. Maybe a light turned on?  Stupid I know. 

I don’t want a new coach. It’s like I have a morbid curiosity to see how many one score losses a team can have. At the very least it’s entertaining.   GBR!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Thought maybe I need to check the carbon monoxide detectors. It is wild to me how we can defy statistics so often and still find ways to make every game a rollercoaster (whether weak or strong opponents). 

What I'm really hoping to see is us beat Oklahoma. Sure for the big win, but more so to see how it would put most of the fanbase in a mental pretzel. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I used to get angry at a loss like this, but since Riley and Frost I just have to laugh now a days.  It's so common that we have become a laughing stock.  I just shake my head and laugh at us now a days knowing that we can actually get lower than we currently are.  This is unacceptable but this is who we are now.  I don't enjoy coming here joking with everyone how bad we are but this is what the program has become, a joke.  If I wanted to support a joke program I could always just got to a UNLV game, we aren't that far off though.

Just now, HuskerInLostWages said:

I used to get angry at a loss like this, but since Riley and Frost I just have to laugh now a days.  It's so common that we have become a laughing stock.  I just shake my head and laugh at us now a days knowing that we can actually get lower than we currently are.  This is unacceptable but this is who we are now.  I don't enjoy coming here joking with everyone how bad we are but this is what the program has become, a joke.  If I wanted to support a joke program I could always just got to a UNLV game, we aren't that far off though.

I noticed at my house that we don’t get pumped for a big play.  It’s sad.