Georgia Southern - What did we Learn?

TGHusker

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't know....

I guess seeing the DBS through up the "not today finger" after an incomplete pass frustrated me.  They got their asses kicked, and would still act like they were the reason the ball was thrown 6 yards off target.

My thoughts on last night, these kids don't realize how "not great" they are...

Exactly!!!! There should have been a speech at halftime about this team has nothing to celebrate. You score a td go to the sideline. You make a sack get back to line up. People might say that its being to harsh towards them bc its only a game but I would say at 1-2 as your record indicates are you truly happy your coach is about to get fired. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I’m not sure how we disagree. Telling the player he has the talent, he needs to be doing the right things, takes the talent excuse away. 

Now, doing the right things, might be filling the right hole. Or, it could mean spending more time watching film, or lifting weights, or simply trying harder when on the field….etc. 

I'm not sure we disagree either...

You were the one that came after my post like it was crazy.

Good news, it's just in your execution of reading posts.  Easy fix! :lol:

44 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Okay, wow...

My point is that if players are continually told they are good enough, they might think it's an easy fix.  Just fix execution.

Meanwhile, all these "small" schools (at least the ones NU fans look down upon) are playing with a chip on their shoulders and going above and beyond in effort AND execution.

I know I'm not a wordsmith, but not sure why what I said was so complicated.

You are not wrong. Kids need to be motivated. This coaching staff has never done that 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

I’m nervous that some of these players we’ve recruited will leave-namely our quarterback. 
I hope not.  If by chance Scott decided to resign or is fired would Mickey Joseph be the interim head coach? 

You would think so. I'm thinking since Whipple has been coaching for about 100 years you might also have him take over as interim DC....or maybe move Busch to DC but wasn't he standing there watching that 640 yard nightmare happen?

I just fear that neither of the pass-happy coaches Joseph or Whipple would properly use our biggest weapons, the running backs. Maybe Applewhite should be the interim?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

You would think so. I'm thinking since Whipple has been coaching for about 100 years you might also have him take over as interim DC....or maybe move Busch to DC but wasn't he standing there watching that 640 yard nightmare happen?

I just fear that neither of the pass-happy coaches Joseph or Whipple would properly use our biggest weapons, the running backs. Maybe Applewhite should be the interim?

Wherever Applewhite ends up next year will get a very good addition in Allen from the portal 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

I’m nervous that some of these players we’ve recruited will leave-namely our quarterback. 
I hope not.  If by chance Scott decided to resign or is fired would Mickey Joseph be the interim head coach? 

Why? Why do you fear anything at this point? Every single kid could transfer out and we field a completely new team with a new coach and what....we don't win 1 game? He'll I don't see how we win more than 1 this year.

What's the difference. Blow it all up and we can't do much worse. I'd argue that it may be easier to start with all new players that don't have years of a losing mentality. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I have never understood Frost’s “No fear of failure” culture is at the very heart of some of it.   One thing you can say confidently about all 5 of Frost’s teams is they don’t fear failure.  As matter of fact, they seem to enjoy it as it’s practically a habit.  They find new ways to fail weekly.  Just baffling honestly. 

Perhaps Scott's real career future is as the Spokesmodel for "Ignorance is Bliss" .... it ain't at the NCAA or NFL level as the HC

Hey everyone... Not here to pile on. Just wanted to say it was a hell of a game.

Us Georgia Southern fans honestly don't know what we just saw. We've had a couple of coaches try to be more pro style or pass-heavy, but we've never had it come together so quickly or seen it work so well. In nearly every other season of GS football, the couple of minutes left for the last drive would have been met with quick pitches to the boundary that everyone expected and lame duck throws downfield hoping for a miracle.

If it's any consolation, we've got Wisconsin on the schedule next year. I hope to put this game out of everyone's mind while jumping around on the Badgers.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

I don't know....

I guess seeing the DBS through up the "not today finger" after an incomplete pass frustrated me.  They got their asses kicked, and would still act like they were the reason the ball was thrown 6 yards off target.

My thoughts on last night, these kids don't realize how "not great" they are...

Lol...when they do that, I immediately think, "you didn't f'ing do anything!"

There was one specifically in the 4th Q (believe it was their gw drive)

12 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

We had that guy, his name was Bo Pelini. 

The guy who wore out his welcome at his hometown Youngstown State even faster than at Nebraska? Then got fired from LSU after turning in the worst defensive performance in school history? The guy who is no longer coaching anything anywhere?

If Nebraska made a mistake firing Bo, seems like none of the above would be true. 

• Plus1 1