New coach should keep Joseph and Applewhite

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

While I think any coach would like to have Joseph, Applewhite, and Busch as they are fantastic recruiters…you put zero parameters on the new coach and let him hire who he wants. 

I like all those guys.  A bright spot, even with 3 crappy games.  WR, RB, and even ST play is better. At least we can punt.Plus they are 3 ace recruiters.  I'd leave everything up to the new HC.  easy to see where we have been found lacking in 5 years.  Build the search around that.

20 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Trev and Mickey are very close. I think Trev would be able to work it out to keep Mickey around to be the recruiting assistant for NU. 

Mickey won’t lack for opportunity. He’s well respected as far as I know. I’m sure someone will gobbble him right up. I’m hoping he goes 8-1, gets the job, and kills it. Will he? No idea, but I’d love it. 

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Trev and Mickey are very close. I think Trev would be able to work it out to keep Mickey around to be the recruiting assistant for NU. 

Mickey Jospeh will be able to make bigger $$ elsewhere than "recruiting assistant" at Nebraska.

He'll keep an eye on what happens at LSU.

• 3 weeks later...

2 hours ago, M.A. said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to the possibility of Applewhite, Whipple and Beckton being retained. Depends on who “the eventual hire” is. Of coarse, you wouldn’t demand it of who’s selected to be put in charge.

Get Aranda and I think he would find an important role for MJ and Busch since he coached with them at LSU

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
40 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Keeping MJ is must in my opinion. Applewhite has done a great job with the RB room. Any coach that was on Frost's staff can kick rocks for all I am concerned. They helped create this s#!t show we are currently in. 

Yes, Applewhite is a keeper.  Anyone who can convince AJ Allan to commit to Nebraska and who is able to keep him on the team and out of the transfer portal is a high priority in my book. 

• Fire 1

I tend to think the new HC, even if it’s MJ, needs to evaluate every assistant.  I put the lion’s share of fault / responsibility for all the problems on Frost.  His assistants had to do what they were told.  He oversaw the recruiting so I’m sure every member of the team was there upon his blessing and OK.  Same with S&C crew.  

Im confident the new HC will make changes to fit his schemes, methods and philosophies.   But the staff is pretty solid as a group.  Trev and the admin already did a complete staff review before the firings last fall.  

Ultimately the new HC decides imo.  

• Plus1 1