Frost Fired!

1 minute ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I also think this means two things:

1) There is a core of players on this team that believe in Joseph/Whipple/Applewhite....maybe to a certian extent Raiola

2)Trev and Mickey believe tere are 4-5 winnable games still remaining on the schedule.  No way we have a chance accomplishing that with Frost

I agree.  When I watched our players.  They were not players playing to save their coach. 

5 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Maybe the date of the lowered buyout wasn’t ever about the money but trying to light a fire under Frost to instill a sense of urgency. 

Maybe it was a way of throwing one of the good ol boys and extra 7 mil.  There's no point of being in a good ol boys club if you're not going to act like it.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Maybe it was a way of throwing one of the good ol boys and extra 7 mil.  There's no point if being in a good ol boys club if you're not going to act like it.

I can only see 3 reasons for Trev to have fired Frost now:

1. Trev is helping Frost collect an extra $7.5 million since he's planning to fire him anyways
  2. Trev has a coach ready to take over that cannot wait another 3 weeks
  3. Trev is incompetent
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mavric said:

Dear goodness we are stupid and deserve to be the laughingstock.

I try to quell that feeling by focusing on it being mostly the defense that has lost our games.  SF was doing okay except for that Chin guy he's so bonded with.

In other words I try to look at it as a smaller problem.  Damn I'm naive.  :bang

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I can only see 3 reasons for Trev to have fired Frost now:

1. Trev is helping Frost collect an extra $7.5 million since he's planning to fire him anyways
  2. Trev has a coach ready to take over that cannot wait another 3 weeks
  3. Trev is incompetent

1 - That would be swell for Frost but dereliction of duty by Trev

2 - There is really no way this work.

3 - I feel this is the leader in the clubhouse.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, MdStine said:

So his gift for being a native son is  an additional $7.5M in his pocket ..... wonder if Trev was afraid just like the UCF 2017 season the crazy lightning would strike again only this time in the form of beating OU?

Is it likely that NU is going to beat OU?  No it isn't.  However, keeping Frost around any longer and him getting any more wins (even if unlikely) would have put more doubt into the fans' thoughts about the decision.  Trev saw enough last year, but he had to let the boosters see for themselves that Frost needed to be fired.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1