Frost Fired!

Just now, Dansker said:

It hurts right now. The reality of it is we can still have a winning season. It’s going to take everything we’ve got. We’re going to find out real quick over the next two weeks what we’ve got with Mickey. 

I honestly feel like this exact comment is part of why Trev is acting now.  The season was lost under Frost.  There is something to fight for under Mickey.  

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

How, if he's being told to not fire Scott yet?

No.  How did you get THAT out of my remark?  :lol:  My goodness.  No, damage control for his own job is a portion of what made him first think of canning SF (following the NW loss) and now doing it (following the GS loss).  A portion.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I'm sure that's the case but not being able to convince the pressure that it's worth a few weeks of waiting is on Trev.

No, Trev is incompetent for firing Frost at this point in time. He should have either done it after last season or waited 3 weeks for Frost's buyout to be reduced by $7.5 million.

There's a reason why he chose to pull the trigger now, and my guess is that his target is currently not coaching and he's trying to get a deal done quickly. Meyer will be in town next weekend... perhaps an audition of sorts?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No, Trev is incompetent for firing Frost at this point in time. He should have either done it after last season or waited 3 weeks for Frost's buyout to be reduced by $7.5 million.

Trev doesn't operate in a vacuum.  He has boosters to deal with.  I was told yesterday that one of the biggest boosters in the program wasn't supportive of firing Frost last year.  I am sure that booster didn't enjoy his trip to Ireland and watching last night's game in his skybox last night, so he was willing to help pay for the $7.5 million to get rid of Frost now.

Based on Frost's accomplishments before Nebraska, I see this as a Nebraska problem.  This program has been without direction for over 20 years now, something is just wrong in Lincoln.  Why would any great Coach now risk their career coming to Nebraska?  How will a future Head Coach recruit to Lincoln?

Just the facts Ma'am.......Please use facts to tell me I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Wow, nobody loves b!^@hing about other people's money like NU fans.

Fire Frost!!!  But, wait 3 weeks to save $7 million.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Of booster money.

It's literally the amount of money that could pay the next assistant coaches. And we're talking about waiting 3 weeks, which isn't going to make any difference for what coaches are available to hire next. I mean, Trev could still pull this off and get a good hire, but this sort of idiotic decision-making makes me think he can't get it done.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Dansker said:

It hurts right now. The reality of it is we can still have a winning season. It’s going to take everything we’ve got. We’re going to find out real quick over the next two weeks what we’ve got with Mickey. 

There's nothing Joseph can do about the defense thats a very poorly coached and not very talented bunch. 

Just now, RedDenver said:

I'm sure that's the case but not being able to convince the pressure that it's worth a few weeks of waiting is on Trev.

I don’t know. That seems a bit of a stretch if you don’t consider the reasoning. What if a booster paid it? What if the athletic dept loses $20 mil over the season if frost remains? What if he was talked out of firing frost last year?

7 minutes ago, rocker9999 said:

To you Husker fans,

Coming in here as an Ohio State fan, I have to say - you guys gave us a battle every time. At the end of the day, Nebraska has to get more "good players" - recruiting is the difference, you guys need a staff that can recruit as well as coach. Stay strong, at some point Nebraska will be back - it just won't be this season.

From the outside I can see why you'd say that, but the reality is under Frost's tenure it's been coaching. He was able to attract some pretty talented players but we could never develop them, or they saw the writing on the wall and hit the portal.

We're more talented than the majority of the teams we've lost to over eh years outside of tOSU,  UM, and OU.

1 minute ago, commando said:

losing 2 games already moved the firing date up.    the only reason not to fire frost now was the money.    

And money shouldn't be an issue to fire Frost.  It shouldn't have been an issue last year, but Trev tried to do something to limit NU's exposure to Frost.  He just didn't expect Frost to hang himself before mid-September.