Frost Fired!

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I can only see 3 reasons for Trev to have fired Frost now:

1. Trev is helping Frost collect an extra $7.5 million since he's planning to fire him anyways
  2. Trev has a coach ready to take over that cannot wait another 3 weeks
  3. Trev is incompetent

Everyone replying to that is replying to three red herrings. Maybe they should start a red herring board that requires a bunch of posters to wander out into the weeds?

The boosters who pay the bills think there is much more talent on this team than what they've shown. They believe this coaching staff is inept and the season can still be salvaged with the remaining coaches and players we have. They believe we can keep our good players at the end of the season if the new coaches give them something to hope for. They believe watching more of this is not an option.
That's my guess.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Who's blaming Trev?

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

And that would be a bad decision by Trev. Instead Trev says, "Done. In 3 weeks we'll announce it and get make that money you're giving go even farther than if I did it today."

The additional $7.5 million is still money we could have had going forward instead of paying it to the fired coach. For the next set of assistant coaches, NIL money, etc.

Firing Frost now instead of in 3 weeks is just frustration and knee-jerk reaction instead of careful planning. Handicapping the next coach/NIL deals is not a good way to move forward.

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Should hire the coach of the year from the USFL.... oh wait 

Historical data tells us that that is a 16% increase step in the right direction PLUS the losses wouldn't be single digit agonizers we would know by halftime  the inevitable outcome which is probably good for everyone's anxiety.  That being said ...... Nah, NEXT!

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You left out all the context. 

If a booster called and offered to pay the buyout and Trev just fired Frost on the spot, that's pretty stupid.  Why wouldn't it at least have been reasonable to try to talk the booster into waiting three weeks and then using the other $7.5M to do something productive?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If a booster called and offered to pay the buyout and Trev just fired Frost on the spot, that's pretty stupid.  Why wouldn't it at least have been reasonable to try to talk the booster into waiting three weeks and then using the other $7.5M to do something productive?

Probably because there's some kind of behind the scenes deal to split that $7.5M with people.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Now we’re getting way out in the weeds. Not only do we not know for sure if 1 or more boosters made the buyout offer, now we’re speculating on what may or may not have occurred in their supposed discussion with Trev.

I didn’t omit any context. You asked a direct question and I provided a direct answer. This whole thread is here for any missing context.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Now we’re getting way out in the weeds. Not only do we not know for if 1 or more boosters made the buyout offer, now we’re speculating on what may or may not have occurred in their supposed discussion with Trev.

I didn’t omit any context. You asked a direct question and I provided a direct answer. This whole thread is here for any missing context.

You did admit context.  I'm not speculating on anything.  The post you just quoted was in direct response to a specific hypothetical that laid out a situation where exactly that happened.