Frost Fired!

15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No matter how you slice it, that's $7.5 million to fire Frost 3 weeks earlier than otherwise. That's it, just 3 weeks. $7.5 million that is now unavailable to the program going forward.

Again, it's not $7.5 million to fire Frost, it's $7.5 million to fire him 3 weeks earlier. 3 weeks wasn't going to cost any more fans.

No matter how you slice it, 7.5mill just isn’t a factor when it comes to making the right decision once you know it is the right one at that level. Delaying it to save 7.5 mil isn’t the smart financial decision you think it is. 
Some say “penny wise, pound foolish.”

• Haha 1

I don’t understand why we spend so much time worrying about the money. Is the extra  7 mil coming out of your pocket? No. Get over the money aspect of things because this is what needed to happen and Trev got it done. I don’t understand the mentality of people wanting to save some money at the expense of continuing to drive the program into the ground. Trust me. You find the right guy and Nebraska becomes relevant again… the money comes. But once again, we are the fans and it’s not our money so stop using the firing before Oct. 1 as a way to be angry about Frost being fired, which frankly should’ve happened after we lost to Illinois last year. 

22 minutes ago, thatguy said:

No matter how you slice it, 7.5mill just isn’t a factor when it comes to making the right decision once you know it is the right one at that level. Delaying it to save 7.5 mil isn’t the smart financial decision you think it is. 
Some say “penny wise, pound foolish.”

I can just as easily say spending $7.5 million to gain 3 weeks before firing a coach isn't the smart financial decision you think it is.

How much did the Huskers spend on NIL this last season? Was it even $7.5 million? Or how much on assistant coaches? Claiming that $7.5 million doesn't matter seems pretty unfounded.

I'm open to how gaining 3 weeks was worth $7.5 million. How did that help the program moving forward vs spending that money on new coaches or NIL?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I can just as easily say spending $7.5 million to gain 3 weeks before firing a coach isn't the smart financial decision you think it is.

How much did the Huskers spend on NIL this last season? Was it even $7.5 million? Or how much on assistant coaches? Claiming that $7.5 million doesn't matter seems pretty unfounded.

I'm open to how gaining 3 weeks was worth $7.5 million. How did that help the program moving forward vs spending that money on new coaches or NIL?

Is the $7.5 million coming out of your pocket? No. Stop worrying about the money and realize that the money doesn’t matter. The money is always there. This is what needed to happen. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

100% agree.  My hope is that a weight is lifted of everyone's shoulders, and with MJ breathing new life both the players and staff can play loose and free.

If I squint I can see 5 more wins - Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota, and Iowa.

Minnesota is much better than you think. I might pick em to win the west right now if you asked me.

5 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

I don’t understand why we spend so much time worrying about the money. Is the extra  7 mil coming out of your pocket? No. Get over the money aspect of things because this is what needed to happen and Trev got it done. I don’t understand the mentality of people wanting to save some money at the expense of continuing to drive the program into the ground. Trust me. You find the right guy and Nebraska becomes relevant again… the money comes. But once again, we are the fans and it’s not our money so stop using the firing before Oct. 1 as a way to be angry about Frost being fired, which frankly should’ve happened after we lost to Illinois last year. 

2 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

Is the $7.5 million coming out of your pocket? No. Stop worrying about the money and realize that the money doesn’t matter. The money is always there. This is what needed to happen. 

I'm not trying to callout the poster here, but this is the kind of attitude that makes me think that the Huskers have much deeper issues with the program than just hiring a coach. All the resources for making the program better matter, especially the money. It's not that I care about whose money it was, but rather that it's money that could be used to help a struggling program that needs a lot of help right now. It seems like a short-sighted move by the AD and/or boosters to feel better now instead of suffering through the next 3 weeks in order for the program to be in better shape going forward.

Anyway, hopefully we do just need the correct magical choice of a new coach and everything will get better and the money doesn't matter.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Dude, let it go. Alberts’ job is not in danger. Nobody is going to care in a year about this buyout. Big Ten teams, especially ones like Nebraska, basically print money.

And stop acting like we can just “spend that money on NIL”. That just isn’t how it works. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

Dude, let it go. Alberts’ job is not in danger. Nobody is going to care in a year about this buyout. Big Ten teams, especially ones like Nebraska, basically print money.

And stop acting like we can just “spend that money on NIL”. That just isn’t how it works. 

We don't know the whole story, so it's not worth getting worked up about. Some dude may have said he's taking his planned 10 million donation to Iowa City if Frost isn't fired today. Who knows, and who cares right?

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

We don't know the whole story, so it's not worth getting worked up about. Some dude may have said he's taking his planned 10 million donation to Iowa City if Frost isn't fired today. Who knows, and who cares right?

Exactly. You know who is in a better position and has tons more experience to make this decision versus some guy on the internet who has never run a top 20 athletic department?  Trev Alberts. 

• Plus1 1