Frost Fired!

5 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

The conversations for which I would like to be a fly on the wall are the ones between Mickey Joseph and Chin & his staff. 

If I were Mickey and the new offensive assistants, I would have been pretty pissed at Frost for the criticism Frost laid at the offense the first 2 games while the D did very few favors. Then when the O did as much as they could except be perfect last night, the D couldn’t do much right. I know the team loses as one unit, but there are still personal thoughts and conversations within closed doors. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'm sorry this happened.  I know you liked him.  Here's to hopefully brighter days ahead. :cheers

What does brighter days ahead look like next Saturday?

Is our schedule weak or brutal?

I'm fine that Frost is gone.  Never once met the guy and have zero input in these decisions.

I'm excited for Mickey.  But his sleepless nights have just begun.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

What does brighter days ahead look like next Saturday?

nightmare-what-youre-about-to-watch.gif

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Is our schedule weak or brutal?

To the 92nd ranked team in the country?  Probably pretty brutal.

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm fine that Frost is gone.  Never once met the guy and have zero input in these decisions.

I'm excited for Mickey.  But his sleepless nights have just begun.

Glad you're taking it so well.  Yes, Mickey faces a monumental uphill climb.

57 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

That’s what I meant. Neither of know. So to hang Trev out to dry when you don’t know is a pretty crappy thing to do. And you don’t have a history of doing that, which is why I say you’re better than that. 

I'm not hanging Trev.  Maybe it's on him.  Maybe it's not.

But the fact remains that there was a way to go about it that could have been much more beneficial to the program with (basically) no ill effects.  I think it would have been significantly better to get more value out of those dollars.  Not sure why that's so controversial.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But the fact remains that there was a way to go about it that could have been much more beneficial to the program with (basically) no ill effects.  I think it would have been significantly better to get more value out of those dollars.  Not sure why that's so controversial.

I’d bet it’s because he’s planning on cutting the program altogether….

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I agree with you Mav. 7.5 million isn’t chump change. Upgrade a facility? Put towards next coach? 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

NIL, imo

I was on this boat this morning, but from reading into how Trev answered the question about a booster stepping up, it seems like the money came from someone specifically for this purpose. 

If someone is that husked that they are willing to give the University 7.5 mil to get Frost out 20 days early, they better be just as willing to pony up for a big name coach. What booster could this be?? 

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I just don’t see it as much of an unforced error. I can’t really blame Trev even if he contributed to it. I imagine he gave SF extra leash out of respect for his playing days and program commitment and I don’t see anything particularly wrong with that. That’s why I’m not hung up on it not happening last year when it was deserved. I think it may be as simple as he gave him too much of an extended opportunity and Frost didn’t take advantage of the extra chance by winning enough. And/Or it may be that there weren’t enough donors on board last year or there were too many demanding it after Saturday’s game. To me it was just an unavoidable occurrence and the timing simply got out of his control.

I don't think retaining Frost or firing Frost was the unforced error. There were arguments either way. It's the timing.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

We all were aware Trev’s clock wasn’t going to start until he named the next coach so I’m just giving him a pass on whatever he’s done or not done with Scott. If the worst thing is that $7.5M didn’t get put to best use, I don’t think that’s too terrible after all the BS of the last 20 years. Seems pretty minor in the grand scheme.

All of those minor things add up, especially for a program that's as bad as we are right now. Compared to a large enough sample like the last 20 years, it's certainly not a major issue. But it just seems like we're  needlessly giving away what could be helpful for us and get even farther behind compared to the rest of the B1G.