Frost Fired!

I have to admit, I am enjoying reading all the rumors and things coming out. It is very entertaining, and I believe most is true.

However, what screams out to me in all this is that we can make serious improvements and rather quickly, with a competent HC and staff. That is exciting. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

That said, the rumors I'm most unsettled by are the alleged lack of attention to details, showing up late to practices, not making recruit calls, and fostering an environment where assistants felt they needed to go to university leadership to intervene. Frankly, this is stuff I just never saw coming. Frost talked a smooth game and said a lot of the right things. We all know his history and ties to the state. I can only imagine how stressful and how much of a commitment the job takes, and how there are probably times where you just throw your hands up and maybe take a little time to yourself. But it's also something he chose and got paid incredibly well to do. You can't half-a$$ this kind of stuff and Frost appeared to understand that, but it now it sounds like quite a bit of that may have just been talk. Kind of numbing as a fan.

Honestly, if the elements of hungover/video games/late to practice are true, it paints a fairly clear picture of depression.

My theory is that the stress of the job and care for the state/program was too big for him, which led to depression/panic disorder which ultimately manifests in those types of behaviors to try and have any escape at all.

Pretty sad if true. 

• Plus1 5

51 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Honestly, if the elements of hungover/video games/late to practice are true, it paints a fairly clear picture of depression.

My theory is that the stress of the job and care for the state/program was too big for him, which led to depression/panic disorder which ultimately manifests in those types of behaviors to try and have any escape at all.

Pretty sad if true. 

Ok let's take off the psychologist hat here.

All these rumors are coming out now, 24+ hours after he was fired from his dream job. A role in which everyone assumed he was going to be a smashing success. In a state that obsesses over the program like few others, wouldn't there would be much more substance if the rumors/allegations... I mean more than a radio host and online allegations? With how prevalent social media is today, I find it hard to believe many of these rumors floating out there. Could be some truth, but to the extent where all these fans and sources are popping off with "facts" certainly seems like sour grapes. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Ok let's take off the psychologist hat here.

All these rumors are coming out now, 24+ hours after he was fired from his dream job. A role in which everyone assumed he was going to be a smashing success. In a state that obsesses over the program like few others, wouldn't there would be much more substance if the rumors/allegations... I mean more than a radio host and online allegations? With how prevalent social media is today, I find it hard to believe many of these rumors floating out there. Could be some truth, but to the extent where all these fans and sources are popping off with "facts" certainly seems like sour grapes. 

These rumors were coming out two years ago.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's going to make a great Netflix movie one day.  The dude from Breaking Bad and Friday Night Lights could play Scott.

I sent Teach the opening scene of the script. Trev is looking for Frost inside the football offices one morning. Frost isn’t around….so Trev goes to the next place he would expect to find Scott. Trev sees Scott’s truck parked a block away from the Railyard, Trev manages to find an unlocked back door to a well known bar in the area, and Trev walks in to Scott banging a UNL co-ed in the back office. I better get a writing credit for this movie. 

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, funhusker said:

These rumors were coming out two years ago.

I heard new ones on Reddit. Didn’t know about the Moos incident. Learned a little about big donor Shawn Peed. Didn’t know about the changing 9am meeting to noon. There’s more 

We fired Riley and nothing like this came out. They had essentially the same record.   

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Pretty sad if true. 

Actually, I think he’s just spoiled.  Just a simple brat 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

On 9/12/2022 at 2:38 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Trev Alberts said it in his opening press conference and repeated it in his press conference on Sunday "One person does not define the Nebraska football/athletic program." 

I don't think Trev was referring to anyone in particular, but it's an interesting quote which he keeps coming back to.  I think at times, Tom Osborne may have thought he was bigger than the program (naming his successor, rather than letting the AD do it) , and I think there were times where Frost was enabled to think he was bigger than the football program (starting with the concessions made to Frost to bring him to NU).

Absolutely correct! It's not about you, not me, not Scott Frost, not anyone.

I'll go easy on the enabling part. Scott certainly was given plenty of opportunity and support. It's about doing the things necessary to being successful including showing up on time and all of the other ways one conducts themselves in a constructive, professional manner.

Accountability isn't about being mean or hurtful. It's about the interest of the organization and what it represents. 

11 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I heard new ones on Reddit. Didn’t know about the Moos incident. Learned a little about big donor Shawn Peed. Didn’t know about the changing 9am meeting to noon. There’s more 

We fired Riley and nothing like this came out. They had essentially the same record.   

Is that second paragraph serious?  Mike literally rode his bike back home everyday and was about as normal a human as it gets.  There was nothing to report even though people would have liked to.  And .500 now is the same as .340?  That is essentially the same record?

• Plus1 4
9 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Shawn Peed is an a$$h@!e. I am curious, what was said?

• Plus1 1