Frost Fired!

17 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Anyone want to summarize? I don't have time to listen at the moment and also don't really like Severe so no real interest in adding to the clicks. He is better than Benning at least.

Quick summary- Apparently there is an asteroid on a direct collision path with earth. We don’t have long. Wish it was better news.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

11 hours ago, TheSker said:

I'm sure there are parts of the rumors that are true.  But just like with Eddie O or Urb, it's too easy to slip up when everyone has a phone ready to photo your a$$.

Seriously? You’re blaming phones being ready? All those phones have zero to do with a person slipping up. But they may be the reason we find out about things happening.

• Plus1 4

Scott Frost's nervous and regretful expression never changed during his entire tenure

KL1A2489a.jpg?itok=emEKvEuB

maxresdefault.jpg

I fully believe the guy never truly wanted to be here.  It always felt forced and he never looked comfortable.  Rumors of his home life, speculation of troubles betwixt he and his wife, it all culminated on the field.  If he would've been hired before taking the UCF job, I believe it would've gone much differently.  He's still, maybe, a good coach.  And I hope he finds success (and comfortability) somewhere sunnier and less stressful.

But for us, he leaves us in no better shape than he found us, maybe worse.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

Scott Frost's nervous and regretful expression never changed during his entire tenure

KL1A2489a.jpg?itok=emEKvEuB

maxresdefault.jpg

I fully believe the guy never truly wanted to be here.  It always felt forced and he never looked comfortable.  Rumors of his home life, speculation of troubles betwixt he and his wife, it all culminated on the field.  If he would've been hired before taking the UCF job, I believe it would've gone much differently.  He's still, maybe, a good coach.  And I hope he finds success (and comfortability) somewhere sunnier and less stressful.

But for us, he leaves us in no better shape than he found us, maybe worse.

Well said :thumbs

I for one am so grateful I got to watch Scott Frost losing his job over 4hrs live and in person with my oldest almost 7yr old and his 2 cousins.  Got home at like 1am with them.....thanks Scott...

It started with a cancelation and a loss following.  Ended with a loss to a glorified FCS team dumping just shy of 800 yards on them.  And some people are confused why he was fired.

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, The Dude said:

Probably worked fine at UCF.

Gives some more clarity on Scott's repeated commentary on needing his players to lead more.  All teams need this, but I suspect Frost really meant he needed people to coach more...because he was hung over, needed to cover up the new perfume on his shirt, and was going to be way late for practice.

I bet Tom is semi-heart broken.  He loves Scott, but Scott's actions are far more sad and telling than even the W/L results...though the former no doubt contributed to the latter.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, funhusker said:

These rumors were coming out two years ago.

There were, and I don’t recall seeing evidence (of any sort) then, or now. Some of the stories I’ve heard the past 24 hours are so unrealistic that I can’t help but question them all. 

Could he drink too much? Sure. Did his father passing add to it? Sure. But (as a fan base) let’s pump the brakes on some of these accusations being thrown around about him as justification for why he wasn’t successful as head coach. 

7 hours ago, runningblind said:

Is that second paragraph serious?  Mike literally rode his bike back home everyday and was about as normal a human as it gets.  There was nothing to report even though people would have liked to.  And .500 now is the same as .340?  That is essentially the same record?

There seems to be two thoughts- No evidence of improper behavior and “it makes sense now” crowd. I have zero knowledge, but kind of enjoy the show.  If we were winning, I would give a crap about his behavior as long as it wasn’t super immoral.  Kind of cringy is ok. As long as everyone is a consenting adult. 

I’m using Riley as an example because we was canned him with no swirling rumors. Just really bad football. Seems like the rumors surrounding Frost have some legs.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, Farms said:

Shawn Peed is an a$$h@!e. I am curious, what was said?

That^ but was Frosts drinking buddy. But I need to revisit, because I thought it made a turn and it was said that Peed was the 7.5 donor. 

im so out of it that I didn't  know who Peed was.  So I learned the name of a donor. 

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

There were, and I don’t recall seeing evidence (of any sort) then, or now. Some of the stories I’ve heard the past 24 hours are so unrealistic that I can’t help but question them all. 

Could he drink too much? Sure. Did his father passing add to it? Sure. But (as a fan base) let’s pump the brakes on some of these accusations being thrown around about him as justification for why he wasn’t successful as head coach. 

"Where there's smoke, there's fire."

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I question some of them too.  I also question why some of them haven't been refuted by a lot of people who could easily refute them.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I don't want to pile on a guy after he's gone, so this will be my last post on the subject.

But he had a private clause written into his restructured contract that even the State's Attorney General "ruled" to keep hidden because it was due to private personal matters.  Many can speculate, I guess, on what those matters were.  But it's definitely evidence that personal choices were effecting his work.

• Plus1 2